Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:28:03 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Exotic hides?

Started by UpholsteryJournal, September 28, 2010, 01:23:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UpholsteryJournal

We're thinking of running a story on working with exotic hides...does anyone out there have insight they would want to share?

Kelly

coachtrim

September 28, 2010, 02:35:51 pm #1 Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:40:00 pm by coachtrim
Kelly,
We work with exotic skins and hides on a regular basis
Check out this page on our website http://www.advancedleatherworkshop.com/pastprojects2.html
It has some of our projects in exotics ( click on the Bugatti and Designer Furniture and Motorcycle pages)
Lately we are working with Python and cowhides embossed with exotic prints.
Can you give me an example of what kind of "insight" you are looking for?
Johann
www.coachtrim.net

cgillock

I do some Southwestern art furniture at times with hair-on in various patterns. What do you have in mind ?

NoJokeUpholsterer

We purchase all of our exotic hides from Henry at www.ostrichmarket.com . He is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to exotic hides and always is more than happy to share. He is primarily a supplier as opposed to producing a finished product. However, he supplies some of the best in the business and can probably share his contacts. Alligator Bob comes to mind; as you can see his work at http://www.alligatorbob.com/. His stuff is just over the top and would be a great feature. Although I do not know him personally; Henry does and may know if he would be interested in sharing his work. 

Adam
No Joke Upholstery, LLC

UpholsteryJournal

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I've got Alligator Bob on my list right now.

Checked out the ostrichmarket.com website and it is amazing! Also kind of creepy but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

stitcher

ThrowMeAPillow

Quote from: UpholsteryJournal on September 30, 2010, 07:02:26 am
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

BEE holder?  NOW we gotta do this while holding BEES?!