Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:28:40 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

SEARAY WINDSHIELD WELT???

Started by rustyeod, September 22, 2010, 03:18:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyeod

I have to make some side panels for a Searay  and need some of this type welt that is sewn onto the panel and fits in a slot along the windshield.  Anybody know a source for this?

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/rustyeod/IMG00008-20100922-1650.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/rustyeod/IMG00009-20100922-1650.jpg

Thanks
Rusty

Mike8560

September 22, 2010, 06:28:06 pm #1 Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:12:17 pm by Mike8560
I don't know of any dist who have it.  I havnt had a customer who likes it even. Most ask to remove it for snaps.  Can you salvage the old welt from the old windows?
If not I try going to your local sea ray dealor.

fragged8

hiya

i don't know about that profile but would xtream seal work ?

Miami mike has it.

Rich

rustyeod

I was in Merritt Island Florida this weekend looking at a boat (for me) and there was a SeaRay plant there, but they were closed.  I will get on the phone tomorow.  The edge that sticks out from the welt actually goes into the groove on the windshield so extreme seal would not work.  I tried to talk the customer into snaps but he wasn't interested.  I may be able to salvage from the old panels but not sure.

Mike8560

OK Rusty you cant just give us a tidbit. come on tell us what you were looking at? inquiring minds you know ;D are you planning to keep it down here for the winters or bring her to MD?

Eric

Great lakes boat top 877-867-7861 It's called black extrusion comes 84" long
Eric

rustyeod

Eric
Thanks, I'll give the number a call tomorow.

Mike, it's a stabilized 49 Gulfstar MK 3.  Did the survey and all was great.  We are moving out of the house and will be living aboard.  Just have to get rid of the house.  Luckily the guy isn't in a hurry since he too has to find a new boat to live on.  He wants to go to a sailboat.