Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2024, 11:08:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just finished the '51 Chevy

Started by RussW, September 20, 2010, 08:28:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RussW

The customer picked up his car on Saturday. He plans on taking it to the "Ducktail" in Gas City, IN this weekend to show off. Everything new from the headliner to the carpets. Also first time posting with pics. Hope it works.
Russ

bobbin

It worked well enough for me to say how very impressed I am, Russ..  :)

I am more of a traditionalist with respect to old cars, but not every customer wants that and there's a lot of work in that job, and a lot of detail.  How many hours do you have into the job?

SHHR

Looks great! We usually try to make it to the Ducktail or James Dean run up there in Gas city and Fairmount, but unfortunatly I can't get away this year.
Kyle

RussW

Thanks for the compliments, I lean to the custom side of interiors myself - even though I own an '88 Fiero that I am restoring the interior to 100% stock, but like you said, everyone has thier own preferance.
He had the car painted a Dark Blue Pearl and Silver Pearl top and wanted something different for the interior.

I checked my log and I have 92 hours in the project, and there are more pics on my website under the Gallery. I still have a few more of the trunk lid to upload in the next few days.

I'll be going to Ducktail and JD on Saturday to look around and hopefully pass out some business cards. 

Russ

fragged8

hiya

way to go Russ, I like the subtle bow tie in the door cards ..

Rich

cruiser

Very nice.   Custom interiors can be tricky trying to come up with a new look but tasteful.

Joesam

"Ducktail",   just went to say this took me back into time when I was a
teenager, tuck & roll , rock & roll, I could go on & on , but also you all
do great work & thank you all.........................