Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:27:48 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New in town

Started by Stitchwerks, September 17, 2010, 09:24:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitchwerks

new to the forum, just wanted to introduce myself I have been doing auto upholstery as side work/ hobby since 2005. learned the trade @ wyotech.

quick factory recover job for a 59 caddy seat

old padding turning to dust

marking out for the peats and tuck and roll

non dust foam

dead cow skin

new cover made

*link to larger pics HERE*
http://stitchwerksupholstery.com/images/Projects/Upholstery/perrcaddy/

mike802

Hay Stitchwerks, nice to have you aboard.  Good looking work on the caddy seat, I am also a Wyotech grad, way back in 1984 :o
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

JuneC

Nice, indeed! Hey, I see all those cans of Keyston adhesive on your bench.  Do you use that to glue your fabric to the foam before you stitch for the tucks?  I'll be doing a Sweet 16 Donzi in a while and I'm trying to decide if I want to glue or not glue.  Sure is more difficult without glue when using 1/2" foam, though.  The Donzi was originally done with either no foam or cheap 1/4" foam and it went totally flat, making the tucks look all wrinkly and all the stitching shows. 

June

Oh, welcome!
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Stitchwerks

The glue is a temp tack to keep the material in place while i sew. it helps me up a tone when sewing pleats or diamonds

:D