Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Need help identifying this fabric!

Started by jojo, September 10, 2010, 08:11:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Hi
I need to replace a section of a pool cover (about a 4' x 4' section). Am I going to be able to find this exact type of mesh? If not, can I replace it with a different type that may not match exactly? What would you guys do?
Thanks!
Jo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26774117@N06/4976477297/

SHHR

I repair alot of covers made from this and just got one in today. Anyway I do the repairs for a local pool company and they always supply me with the fabric. It will be early next week  before I can find out the company's name where they get it from, but I can tell you (from memory) the boxes delivered to me has a Fischers, Indiana address. I'll try to do a search online to see what I can find. I do remember it was a pool cover company and not just a material supplier though.
Kyle

SHHR

http://www.automaticpoolcovers.net/
I know your's isn't an automatic cover, but this is the company that the pool co. I deal with orders from. Maybe they can give you some help too. Good luck.
Kyle

jojo

jojo

Dang, I just called and they said they only use vinyl for their pool covers. This is mesh where the water runs through, but the leaves and junk stay on the top of the cover. Any other ideas? Anyone?

SHHR

I just went looking again and heres what I found. What I did was to do a search for "mesh pool cover material" online. A lot of companies come up on the search selling and making new covers made from that material but it doesn't give a supplier.

I know all you want is a little material for a repair, but maybe (and just a suggestion) you could contact one of these a see if they'll divulge their fabric supplier. Then, If you can get a name of fabric manufacturer you could contact one of the suppliers on this page with it to see if they could get it for you. They may already have a contact with the manufacturer or may be willing to develop one to enter a new market.
I know it sounds like a lot of work, but in the long run may open new avenues for everyone.

One more suggestion may be as simple as going to a pool supply store and ask if they have an old cover with like material you could buy cheap and keep for repairs when needed.

Kyle

scarab29

The mesh is used in " safety covers " . Try putting that in your search. I swear I had seen that trivantage or maybe manart had this material in their literature somewhere.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Moparman

Hey Jojo,  I would definitely be interested to know if you come up with a supplier of this mesh fabric.  I have one of the "safety" covers made from this exact same stuff.

jojo