Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:17:48 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

IFAI Orlando FL

Started by Miami Mike, August 19, 2010, 07:59:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Miami Mike

Hello everyone, October is right around the corner. IFAI will be in Orlando FL in Oct, the 27-29. http://www.ifaiexpo.com/ .

I will have some VIP Passes to hand out or Mail out. If you can come to the show send me an email and I will get you a Pass. Fill it out and send it in or take it to the registration booth at the show. Get the free pass to walk it. Come by and see us at the show, BOOTH #1256. We will have some great give aways for ya.

Hope to see you all.  ;D

Mike
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Mojo

Mike:

I will probably attend that show since it is just a little over an hour from my house. I would love to get a free pass to walk the show.

Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks Mike,

Chris

Miami Mike

This is good enough, As soon as I get the passes I will send it to you. Okay to mail it to you shop.?
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: Mojo on August 19, 2010, 09:48:04 am
Mike:

I will probably attend that show since it is just a little over an hour from my house. I would love to get a free pass to walk the show.

Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks Mike,

Chris

It it's in your back yard, it's a really great show.  It's a 'national' event, but in a way has almost become regional, as in East coast / West coast.  Show could really be an every other year event instead of annual at this point.  You would have to walk through with your eyes closed not to come away with something positive, and post a review from a visitor perspective if you do attend. 

Mojo

Mike:

Yes you can mail them to the shop. No worries. Thank you very much.

Greg:

I am really looking forward to this show. I think it will be a positive experience and I am sure I will learn a great deal.

I am wondering if June and Mike are going to attend.

I am going to either take the bus over and stay or I may stay at a buddies house there. It would save me from having to drive back and forth.

Thanks again Mike for the pass.

Chris

JuneC

Well, I'd really like to go hear this breakout session...

Polymer/carbon nanotube composite films and fibers have been processed using polymers such as polyacrylonitrile(PAN), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA), poly (methyl methacrylate) (PVA), poly(ether ether ketone) (PEK) and biopolymers such as DNA, silk, and cellulose. Single wall carbon nanotubes, multi wall carbon nanotubes, as well as vapor grown carbon nano fibers have been used in these studies. Composite films have been processed that contain up to 90% carbon nanotubes and continuous fibers have been processed that contain up to 30 wt% carbon nanotubes. Carbon fibers from PAN/CNT precursor fibers have been processed with significantly improved mechanical properties when compared to the carbon fibers processed from only PAN precursor. Carbon nanotubes act as a template for polymer orientation and nucleating agent for polymer crystallization. Films and fibers with electrical conductivity as high as 100,000 s/m have been processed, and these materials are also expected to be good candidates for thermal conductivity applications. Mesoporous PAN/CNT electrodes have been processed for supercapacitor electrodes with specific capacitance exceeding 400 F/g.

Say what????  Seriously, most of the sessions appear to be targeted at textile manufacturers, though there are a few dedicated to marine/awning on the last day. 

October starts to be my busy season, but I might make it up there.  I can't commit just yet. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: JuneC on August 20, 2010, 10:19:13 am
Say what????  Seriously, most of the sessions appear to be targeted at textile manufacturers, though there are a few dedicated to marine/awning on the last day. 
October starts to be my busy season, but I might make it up there.  I can't commit just yet. 
June

Right...and this is the problem, if you will.  There is no/Little to no textile manufacturing left!  And because it's a show central to a lot of South Americans, who have a strong textile industry, it's going to attract a lot of their attention. 

Miami Mike

Okay got the PDF file for the VIP Pass. but I was told to get in free you need to be a member. If your not a member of IFAI you will get 30.00 off your fee. So the VIP PASS is good if your a member of IFAI, if not you will need to join. I did not look to see what the fee is to join. I will email you them, print it out and bring it to the registration booth.

Mike8560

like June said Chris hopefully  buisness will be getting of to a good swing. and that sounds like weekend we have one of our boat shows down here too. id really like to attend the MArnie canvas show but thats always when we are in full swing. maybe if it was in Ft MYers  or Tampa area I could take a day trip.

Miami Mike

Okay, quick update. If you go to IFAI  and register for the show on line, Get the VIP Pass code from me. You can walk the show as a NON Member for 50.00..... I know the VIP PASS sounds good. But I think the Information you will gather will be well worth the 50.00 bucks.  Our booth is #1256. And on the IFAI web page you can send us an email to us and set up an Appointment to come and sit with us or Just come by. Neat thing but not a must.   

Mojo

Mike:

Send me the VIP code if you would please.

I am scheduled to leave on a month long trip but as of now I will be back in time for the convention. If so then I will head over there and look you up.

I take it lunch is on you since I never got a T-Shirt or any free marking pencils. :)

Chris

Miami Mike

Well come by the booth and I'll save you one of the  _______ .  Can't tell ya ... I'll send you the file.  :D

I would like your support by coming by the booth.

Mojo

I will  make sure I call you Mike if I go.

I will surely come by the booth to meet up with you.

Chris

scarab29

Hmmmm . Let me see , spirit airline owes me a ticket to fla they cancelled last feb when the airport was closed for 3 days for snow. I am a ifai  member. Looks like it will just cost me a hotel and a ride from the airport. I usually do sema in vegas the same week but that show is getting weak and all those reps know where I am after 25 years. I think I'll opt for ifai show this year !!! They just sent me some propaganda I havn't read yet.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.