Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:26:47 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

2 Weeks Off!

Started by Peppy, August 21, 2010, 07:19:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

Woo Hoo! After 50+hr weeks and Saturdays since May, it shuts off like a tap. Two weeks vacation. Then back to winter hours. Ahhh....

Feels good. Heres stuff I finished this week.

We made this guy his flybridge enclosure and a back curtain for his rear section earlier. His wife hated it (the back curtain) So he had us enclose the rear. Too Much Money.

Bimini

Funkiest bimini ever. A customer of great vision.

Log 'cabin' enclosure

My own travel cover on my new(ish) boat.

dodger

Inventory, incase McDonalds needs playgrounds when we're closed.

Then to keep the cops happy, an emergency rush enclosure. It was delivered wednesday at 3:30 and finished Friday at 2:30. Believe it or not the first T top enclosure I've ever made.

Well, so long Peppy! Devin's going boating!

☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

bobbin

Live it up, you've definitely earned it.  I love making deck enclosures, we've made some real beauties over the years for private residences as well as restaurants in the area. 

Mojo

Wow. A very busy week indeed.

Enjoy your vacation and have fun.

Chris

JuneC

Enjoy yourself!  I really like that purple/yellow bimini.  Looks really kool on the boat.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

August 21, 2010, 05:58:36 pm #4 Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:03:12 pm by Mike8560
have fun peppy nice top for that difficult Carver. I hate thoose funky shaped carver they made thoose years.
nice enclosure on the cop boat whats the OPP meen? actually that not a T Top we call it a hard top. a t top is on a center console and shaped more like a T

speaking of winter hours somtime a miss my shop up north come winter id hang out in the bait shop I had also sold a loittle bait and watch Cable tv and drank Coffee. cime spring I was raring to go to work again. been kinda slow here. but ive been busy with the new house workign on it after work. painted the outside the last couple evnings today I dug out to lay a pavered patio sweated to death in the 90S and  got a good burn.

Peppy

Thanks all! Keep in mind this was work that got FINISHED this week. I don't wanna come off like some kind of superhero. I've been working on the boat with the blue dodger since last fall (cushions, carpet, ect).

OPP is Ontario Provincial Police. We don't have a local force in my small town so they're the heavies. Although it's often better to see them on the water than the Ministry of Fish and Wildlife they're real cowboys who don't require a judge or executioner. They carry them with them.

I'm looking forward to a little slow time, but not winter. Last year we weren't slow exactly, just no rush. Crazy to think people are going to start pulling boats out after labour day. Most wait till thanksgiving (canadian) but some will start now. $100,000 boat for 3 months.   

Peppy

Ahhhhh. So nice! Sorry to gloat but I've had a nice time not working even a little bit. The marina in town let me tie up at the 'cheapy' docks for free(!) and so I've been boating daily. So nice...

They stuck me there cause nobody ever needs it...

....untill the day after we park there!

And we went places-

And went no where....

Now I'm all rested and relaxed and have brought the boat home for a little upholstery action. Pics to follow!

Mike8560

Cool looks like you had a good time off. What lake is that peppy?

JuneC

Nice!  Looks very relaxing.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

I'm on the beautiful Bruce Peninsula. It's the finger that separates Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. I'm on the Georgian Bay side. Very nice country but cold water.