Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 01, 2024, 12:16:29 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sea Ray Window Snap Clips

Started by regalman190, August 17, 2010, 11:14:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

regalman190

Have to make new front windows for a Sea Ray and the front windows use that rubber bead going into a track. Owner wants snaps. Does anyone know what clips can be used instead? I don't know if the regular window clips will work.

Joe
Regal Canvas

Mike8560

Normaly there is a snap at. The end of each window there is a plastic insert that folds and slips in and expands when a screw stud is s rewed in  there are different sizes with different makers I've seen Starcraft with a different size but simmilqr insert check with a sea Ray dealor or do as I do and just drill  hole in the frame and screw in as normal but watch out hitting the glass   

Peppy

I've had luck with 7/8" windshield clips (we call them large) You have to use pliers and bend them a little more. Takes the right touch not to bend them to much or to little.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

rustyeod

Does anyone know where I can get the beaded insert?  I have an enclosure coming up and the customer does not want the snaps, he wants the beade.

Mike8560

you miught have to check with sea ray. i dont know of anyu dists. thast have it.