Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 05, 2024, 07:43:38 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

premier vinyl at rochford

Started by nyuphol, August 15, 2010, 10:33:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nyuphol

Does any one know who makes the Premier vinyl at rochford supply? The card only has their name on it

Miami Mike

WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

ahkahn

In looking at the specs, it appears to be private-labeled Futura or Morbern.   But that's just an uneducated guess.

-Andrew

nyuphol

HERE THE LINK TO PRODUCT

http://www.rochfordsupply.com/shop/Textiles/Vinyl_(Marine_Grade)/Premier/index.html

ANDREW DOES FUTURA MAKE ANYTHING WITH COLORS LIKE THIS IN THE 34-40 OZ YARD RANGE?

nyuphol

OR DOES ANY ONE ELSE KNOW ANY OTHER BRANDS THAT MAKE A WIDE COLOR PATTERN LIKE THIS IN 34-40 OZ YARD RANGE

scarab29

Why so heavy? What are you making?
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

JuneC

August 23, 2010, 05:55:41 pm #6 Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:58:12 pm by JuneC
36oz ok?  At least there's lots of colors.

http://www.garysupholstery.com/bfcg2000.html

FYI, I've found this website to be quite expensive.  I'll bet you can find it for less somewhere else if that will suit your purpose.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

nyuphol

Miami Mike

http://www.miamicorp.com/default.aspx?page=customer&file=customer/micorp2/customerpages/samples.htm

Here is a nice link.... Lots of vinyl's to look at.

Also I'm in Philadelphia PA....  Any one close ? That would like a visit....
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

ahkahn

Wow...  I love some of the comments in here...  ???

Anyway, NYUph, No, Futura does not make anything that is stocked line in that weight.  My suggestion about Futura or Morbern was that it would be a custom-made run just for Rochford.  For example, our Special Black vinyl is custom made just for us and is less expensive than a standard promo, but much stronger.  Do the tear test!  I even have a salesman who believes the stuff is self-healing, but that's a story for a different day...

-Andrew

hdflame

Quote from: Miami Mike on August 24, 2010, 01:24:36 pm
http://www.miamicorp.com/default.aspx?page=customer&file=customer/micorp2/customerpages/samples.htm

Here is a nice link.... Lots of vinyl's to look at.

Also I'm in Philadelphia PA....  Any one close ? That would like a visit....

Mike,

I like how you listed the lines you carry in your signature, so it shows up at the bottom of your posts...maybe that will keep us from asking if you carry a product! ;D
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

hdflame

Quote from: ahkahn on August 25, 2010, 06:19:18 am
Wow...  I love some of the comments in here...  ???

Anyway, NYUph, No, Futura does not make anything that is stocked line in that weight.  My suggestion about Futura or Morbern was that it would be a custom-made run just for Rochford.  For example, our Special Black vinyl is custom made just for us and is less expensive than a standard promo, but much stronger.  Do the tear test!  I even have a salesman who believes the stuff is self-healing, but that's a story for a different day...

-Andrew

I've used your self healing Promo on a couple of jobs.  I like it.  Pretty tough for the price.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

ahkahn

Self healing... not so much in my opinion.... but MUCH stronger than ANY other promo on the market.  This stuff is our own special recipe!

-Andrew

hdflame

Quote from: ahkahn on August 27, 2010, 05:28:55 am
Self healing... not so much in my opinion.... but MUCH stronger than ANY other promo on the market.  This stuff is our own special recipe!

-Andrew

"Self Healing" was meant as tongue in cheek....just quoting your term. ;D :P  But, I do like it for the price. ;)
Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

Gus

If you still need to know ........

Premier is made by Mississippi Polymers, former Intex Plastics.

http://www.mississippipolymers.com/products/stocklineleatherlike.html

Pattern has been around for 30 years or so.

Gus