Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:35:14 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Moving but keeping the shop at old location?

Started by vu, August 10, 2010, 04:33:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vu

I might have to move to another state. My shop is extremely busy and getting busier. As many of us here I am a working boss, I have a seamstress and temporary helpers when I need them or can use them. I do not think I should close it - it has a dynamite location, thousands of customers served, well known name. One problem - I need to find myself a replacement. I have looked around and I realized that there are not too many (none close by) qualified upholsterers who can take this job and mainly I think because they are running their own little show and would not want to work for someone else. I need an estimator and an upholsterer in one person which will pretty much make him CEO of my shop.
I see only 2 ways to have it this way-  to hire someone on my position or to fly back and forth closing the shop for the time I am absent(which would be too crazy and a huge waste of money)
Have anybody had such experience?
Where would you look for an upholsterer (I tried local ads with no success)?

JuneC

Can you promote your seamstress?  Give her the first task of replacing herself?
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields