Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:10:36 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

help with oil everywhere

Started by sunshine_n_pc, July 31, 2010, 09:52:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine_n_pc

My machine is getting oil everywhere - it seems to me that it is mostly coming up from the bobbin area - it is soaking the seams of the vinyl I am sewing. 

I have a Juki 1541 - when I lean the machine back to add oil to the bottom, do I lean it all the way back? There seems to be a lot of oil under there and in the oil pan - I had to add oil but the oil catcher didn't have a lot in it. 

I did the paper test, like the manual said, and the oil spots seemed big it wasn't a light line of oil - drops were about the size of a pencil eraser.  I adjusted the screw and the line did get lighter - but I am still getting a lot of oil on the vinyl.

Any thoughts?  Could I have over oiled the top and it is dripping or is it most likely from below?  Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks
CeCe

stitcher_guy

I use a Consew 206-RB4, and I will get oil dripping down the needle right after I oil. It doesn't last long however. I just wipe it up.

Mojo

Quote from: stitcher_guy on August 01, 2010, 09:57:43 pm
I use a Consew 206-RB4, and I will get oil dripping down the needle right after I oil. It doesn't last long however. I just wipe it up.

Ditto.........

If you are getting a lot of oil below then raise the machine, clean out the pan and then lay a piece of paper down. Put the machine back down and let it sit for half an hour. Raise the machine and see where the drops are at and if they are anywhere near the site glass or oil reservoir plug.

Chris