Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:06:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Paging GREGG @ KEYSTONE, And Other Machine Guys...

Started by Half-Fast, July 31, 2010, 12:59:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Half-Fast

I had the opportunity to break away from my house rennovations this afternoon and spend a little bit of time  in my dad's old shop.  Beyond a little bit of tidying up I did a couple of months back, it remains very much like he left it 3 years ago before he became too sick to work in it.

My question today is about his old sewing machine.  It's an old Singer.....brass plaques on the machine indicate it's a 109 w 100, ser # W302232.  It is driven by by a round leather belt via a clutched motor.  Any information you can give me regarding this machine would be most appreciated.  The limited amount of research I was able to do this evening indicates that it was made in either Wittenberge Germany....or maybe Bridgeton Conneticutt?.  Is it possible to perhaps find an owner's manual for this series machine?

I remember taking one of those belts over to the old shoe store in our town of less than 2000 people .  Buried deep within the bowels of a 125 year old building was the old guy's cobbler shop where he was still able to put together a couple of those old style belts.

BigJohn

sofadoc

You stated in your original post you might spend some money on the old Singer to use as a backup machine, or it might be just a museum piece. I would definately opt for the latter. Unless you want to restore it for it's "sentimental value", I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Toledo Mach. Sales

It is a needlefeed machine that could be setup w/a a welt foot.
We have the belting & welt feet for it.
Bob
We sell New& Used Industrial Sewing Machines,Parts,Needles & Thread.
Toll-Free#1-866-362-7397

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: Half-Fast on July 31, 2010, 12:59:10 am
I had the opportunity to break away from my house rennovations this afternoon and spend a little bit of time  in my dad's old shop.  Beyond a little bit of tidying up I did a couple of months back, it remains very much like he left it 3 years ago before he became too sick to work in it.

My question today is about his old sewing machine.  It's an old Singer.....brass plaques on the machine indicate it's a 109 w 100, ser # W302232.  It is driven by by a round leather belt via a clutched motor.  Any information you can give me regarding this machine would be most appreciated.  The limited amount of research I was able to do this evening indicates that it was made in either Wittenberge Germany....or maybe Bridgeton Conneticutt?.  Is it possible to perhaps find an owner's manual for this series machine?

Yes, a W machine, with serial begining with W is form Bridgeport, CT. 

I remember taking one of those belts over to the old shoe store in our town of less than 2000 people .  Buried deep within the bowels of a 125 year old building was the old guy's cobbler shop where he was still able to put together a couple of those old style belts.