Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:52:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

"Worlds First Universal Hydraulic Bimini System" (PowerBim)

Started by PDQ, July 22, 2010, 12:50:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PDQ

Another competitor of ours here on the south coast of England, boasting the "Worlds First Universal Hydraulic Bimini System".

The PowerBim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTX9C2xb_hg

hdflame

I'll bet that ain't cheap! :o

Wonder if there are any straps to support it after it's up?  Looks like it wouldn't hold too well in heavy winds without extra support of straps??
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

PDQ

I was wondering the same thing as I've never seen one in the flesh as yet.

Grebo

Is it April the 1st  ::)

Good gracious something else to go wrong  ???

ROGUE

As an engineer who used to work for an auto company, I always wanted to team up with an auto convertible top engineer and build something similar for boats.  Still think its doable coming out of a radar arch just never had the time or money to pursue it.  All the snaps and zippers and what not is the only thing I dislike about my boat.

PDQ

Quote from: Grebo on July 23, 2010, 08:47:46 am
Is it April the 1st  ::)

Good gracious something else to go wrong  ???

No Joke, Greaser. ;)

They're based in a place that I believe is well known to you, Poole.

I've got a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of these in the future seeing that the company are the sole suppliers of marine canvas to Sunseeker, Fairline, and also suppiiers to Princess and Sealine.

JuneC

Well, I only have some experience with Sunseeker OEM canvas and I was not impressed.  I didn't care for the keyhole fastening system - no room for adjustment at all, and the binding they use is crap.  The fit was mediocre at best. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

Quote from: PDQ on July 23, 2010, 10:14:18 am

No Joke, Greaser. ;)

They're based in a place that I believe is well known to you, Poole.

I've got a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of these in the future seeing that the company are the sole suppliers of marine canvas to Sunseeker, Fairline, and also suppiiers to Princess and Sealine.

Oh boy. Universal, eh? Can't wait till the guy with the 1982 bayliner comes to me with this 'universal' electric boattop he bought at the boat show.

"Waddya mean it won't work? The salesman assured me you could do it!!"
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

Geech

Quote from: hdflame on July 22, 2010, 06:53:01 am

Wonder if there are any straps to support it after it's up? 

From the photo gallery it looks like they have straps up front once its fully opened like you suspected:
http://www.power-bim.com/Photo-Gallery.aspx

Interesting idea, something I've wondered when I'd see for a while now.  I'm jealous though, they incorporated one of my ideas I've been wanting to do for a bigger boat's top - lighting in the frame. Its quite common to see holiday lights strung around a boat frame in my parts.... nothing like using $0.99 string lights to top off a $5k enclosure but they own the boat - I just make the canvas ;)