Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:13:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

looking for advice

Started by funkster, July 15, 2010, 03:05:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

anyone dealt with miami sewing machines - please pm me with your experiences

JuneC

I bought my first Singer 111W155 from them - they're about 45 minutes south of me.  The guy who answers the phone is not ethical IMHO.  I knew nothing about industrials.  The machine had a 1/4" welt foot on it.  I didn't notice.  I asked for a 1/4" welt foot - he sold me one.  Yes, I still have 2 if anyone needs one.  Having said that, the little German guy he has for a mechanic is really good.  You could tell he knew his machines.  My daughter, who went went with me to pick up the machine, said he looked like one of Santa's elves - and yes, he does.  Just over 5 feet tall and wears a red t-shirt with green overalls.  Speaks almost no English, but he knows his sewing machines.  The machine has been great - after I swapped out the tension assembly, feed dogs and throat plate (problems that I diagnosed myself with the help of people on this newsgroup).  That was 6 years ago.  Haven't been back since so I don't know if Santa's elf still works there. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields