Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:07:41 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hot weather fitting !

Started by Grebo, July 14, 2010, 08:59:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

Quote from: bobbin on July 16, 2010, 12:46:47 pm
You know what they say about New England, dontcha?  10 months of winter and 2 months of damn poor sleddin'...
been there done that, one of my last rides was about a 20 mile lunch ride i think the last 5 was all mud  ???

baileyuph

Question on the flat top:

!.  Are there any logical reasons why it was built flat?  For example, wind resistance?

2.  While the bows do look flat, across the top, is there a chance the plane defined by the top is slanted with respect to sea level?  If so, it would get some drainage that way.  Of course not like an elevated bow would produce.

3.  What is considered as the most common name for this top?  While bimini is common to some of us, is this a common bimini?

From an uninformed marine guy. ;)

Doyle

Mike8560

I agree Doyle it seems there is enough pitch to the rear for water to run off. and id call it a bimini top comming off the arch.

Grebo

Quote from: JuneC on July 16, 2010, 01:26:58 pm
On one occasion I used a white fiberglass batten between bows, with batten sockets screwed to the bows to hold it bent up - just to shed water where no crown existed.  The boat had a flat-topped arch and all the bows followed suit.  Worked well, wasn't terribly obtrusive since the top was also white, but I didn't really care for the solution.  But, the other fix was to make a new frame with a crown. 

Oh, on the pic thing.  Here's Grebo's pic URL...

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/grebo2/Posting/?action=view&current=HI3.jpg

If you take out this part...

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/grebo2/Posting/?action=view&current=HI3.jpg

You get this

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/grebo2/Posting/HI3.jpg

You can view without the Photobucket spam.

June

8) Cool June, I never knew that.

Mike8560

Grebo if you use the thumbnail code just take tha part out also it's better too after you payste the code. Try it

Grebo

Done it,  8) Thats better.  :D

R.A.F. CaNvAs

C'mon Grebo,  When are you going to post the pix of it all done in lovely sticky stamoid.
You must have it completed by now . ?
Disfrutar la clima coño..

Grebo

Quote from: R.A.F. CaNvAs on July 28, 2010, 12:29:21 pm
C'mon Grebo,  When are you going to post the pix of it all done in lovely sticky stamoid.
You must have it completed by now . ?
Disfrutar la clima coño..

Nah, I bottled out, decided to go on holiday first  ;D
Look out for Septembers episode  :P

Mike8560

man my customer would be pissed if i told them im going on vacation b4 i finnish there work  :o

bad enough i was selling my house and moving and trying to work, but now i moved but a bit slow to get in the groove again slepping on the floor doese that at close to 50 i gueese.