Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:53:24 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Upholstered mirrors

Started by gene, July 13, 2010, 05:36:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Anyone do upholstered mirrors? I saw some on the net recently and it looks like something interior designers may be interested in, especially if I make custom sized and shaped frames.

Anyone do anything like this? Any insights into what has worked and what has not and what works better than something else?

Thank you,

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Hi Gene,

Yes I make Upholstered mirrors. They never really took off. Sold a couple and the wife and family got the rest. I show some of them on my site.
  I thought they were a good idea at the time. Still do if you find the right clientèle. I did have a few decorators at the time an put some in a couple of stores.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Thanks for your reply. Your mirrors look great. As does your web site.

Did you ever make the frame to someones' spec or design and then cover with fabric, or have you only done already made frames?

My thinking is what you described, not a lot of demand for it but it would be nice to add it to the things I do.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

The frames were made by me. My design. Didn't have anyone spec any special sizes or shapes. Thanks for the comments.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website