Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:10:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Can anyone tell me a good supplier for floatable foam 3 or 4 inch thick sheets

Started by timbernook, July 11, 2010, 12:17:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

timbernook

Hello Everyone, do any of you know of a wholesale supplier of 4foot squares of 3 or 4 inch thick foam coated with a color or just even in white? I have seen them around the lakes used as a floating table or to float around on. There is a place close to us that always has stacks of them for sale resale and the price ranges from $80.00 for white and $100.00 for all colors except pink and $125.00 for pink.
I have an idea brewing but need to find a cheaper supplier than the one nearby.
Thank You for looking!
Lori

JuneC

You mean styrofoam (the rigid foam they use for packing electronics in cardboard boxes - usually in the corners), or closed-cell seating foam (usually found nowdays only in yoga exercise mats or ski flotation vests)?  Both float quite well.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

timbernook

June.....Yes the closed cell floatable kind do you know of a supplier where i can get it?

wind_rose_2

Where are you? I have it made locally in any dimension you want.
Dave

timbernook