Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:22:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Check this out!!!

Started by wind_rose_2, July 09, 2010, 05:48:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wind_rose_2

Grebo

;D ;D & it only takes 4 people to do it  :P .  I will stick to the vacuum thanks  ;)

bobbin

Or maybe put a the zipper on one of the long sides?

I had to stuff a couple of "hinged" cushions for a chaise lounges yesterday.  The zippers had to go just on either side of the hinge and it was definitely "no fat lady's dream" to get the longer piece of of foam (wrapped in batting, too) in and attractively arranged.  It's been wicked hot here and I worked a up pretty good sweat doing it. 

Grebo, when you use the vacuum cleaner, what do you used to wrap the foam so it will compress? how to do remove it after the foam is in place?

Grebo

Hi, I go one of two ways depending on whats to hand, some really light  flimsy plastic which here is sold as painters dust sheets, wrap up the foam, place cover in line with it on the table so you just have to pick it up & push it into the cover with the vacuum still attached, turn vacuum on & push the shrunken lump as far into the cushion as it will go & turn it off. Then either gently tug plastic out or rip the hell out of it & leave bits behind :-X or use a slightly thicker version of the same plastic so it stands a bit more tugging out.
The method works really well for awkward shapes & really big stuff.
;D It might not be any quicker for some people, but I prefer it & I don't need to go diving into the depths of the cover to sort out corners & things  :D

bobbin

That method must really be helpful when your arms are just a wee bit too short.  I've never tried using it, but may play around with it at home.  (no vacuum cleaner in the shop!).

Thanks!