Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 06:17:53 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Threading Wires ??? Huh ???

Started by Mojo, June 30, 2010, 06:50:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I get an ad once every two weeks on sale items that a parts supplier sends me. He normally runs sales on folders, binders, feet and other machine attachments, needles, etc.

I never pay attention to anything on there unless it pertains to my machine. But this one item caught my eye. The sale was on threading wires for a Singer 29-4.

I do not own one of these machines and have never seen one but am curious as all get out to know what the heck a threading  wire is and how they work ?

The only machines I have ever seen or used had a pretty straight forward way of threading. What would this wire accomplish ?

Chris

kiwistuffer

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Just about any overlock or serger uses a brass threading wire to help/enable you to thread machine.  Singer 29 or similar has a long wire used to push thread down a tube specific for this model. 

BTW...who's sending you a mailer?  ;D

sofadoc

Don't know about Chris, but I get a ton of mailers from Alberoni in LA. I'll send you a few of them if you want.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Ahhhhhhhh......... The thread goes down a tube. OK, then this makes sense.

My wife has a serger but I have never paid any attention to it. It is a Suzy Homemaker type machine and not a commercial machine.

I have never seen one of those models where there is a tube. Thanks Greg for the info.

BTW, the guy sending me the flier every couple weeks is from an E-Bay store. I have ordered from him in the past and found some of his stuff made very well. I bought a binder from him and I am still using it. Great quality.

I know you hate e-bay and while I would never buy a machine through anyone on E-Bay ( been there and done that ), but I will buy needles and such from time to time simply because my upholstery account is tied into Paypal. I pay for 90 % of my stuff on the internet through Paypal. :) Heck I just bought a video camcorder through Walmart using Paypal.

Here is a listing to this guys store. Some of his stuff is a bit flimsy, some of it is very good quality. It is hit and miss on some of the items. I know he busted his butt to find a part for me a year or two ago for my Tuffsew and then sold me the same part that Sailrite carries for half the price. :)

For little things I do not mind using him but if I need a part for my machine then no I wouldn't bother with him.

Here is his E-Bay store -

http://stores.ebay.com/cutexsewingstore

I think I this store link to Bob from Toledo Machine for Bob to look over.

Chris

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Mojo,

I have no problem with Ebay at all.  I sell off the internet too.  This is where things are going.