Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:24:15 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Snap Distance

Started by canvas bagger, June 24, 2010, 09:36:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

canvas bagger

Hi All,

Is there kind of rule of thumb for distance between snaps?  I've seen anywhere from 4 to 10 inches in pictures posted and on boats at the marina.  I just finished my first project (pic below) enclosures for an existing bimini and dodger.  I need to put a few more snaps in but don't want to go crazy.

Thanks,

Mike

Darren Henry

I've always gone with 10 " max and as required for where the canvas needs held to make it follow contours.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike8560

Same here 10" or less if needs to keep things even and not have a snap evey ten inches and then one four inches at the end

canvas bagger

Thanks for the replies.  Been away testing the waters at the beach.

Mike

Mike8560

What beach is that mike? 
For a time I was seeing some boats maxims I think it was some time ago and the snaps were like 4" apart it was crazy putting on cockpit and bow covers with so many snaps