Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:10:11 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Consew machine

Started by CKKC, June 03, 2010, 01:39:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

You could make a temporary plate out of an electrical box blank cover ( the round ones) until you see what all you need to order. [never mind how I know that; and have about half an hour of free time ready]

Or, where this is just for a quick shake down "cruise", throw a little duck tape or packing tape over the opening and stomp that bad boy, let's see what it'll suffer. 8)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

CKKC

Good thought Darren!  Actually I have a plate from an OLD singer that will cover everything but the (?) feed dog bar for the testing.   

Sorry I haven't gotten on it, I've had to do a LOT of mowing in the last few days.  I do walk by the machine and give it a pat and tell it I will get back to it ASAP!   

I surely can't wait to make sure it is all adjusted right and try it out.   I know y'all think I'm a nut job about this machine, but after using that Kenmore zig zag for all my upholstery stuff, I'm in heaven with that Consew!!

sofadoc

Quote from: CKKC on June 23, 2010, 07:31:15 pm
I know y'all think I'm a nut job about this machine, but after using that Kenmore zig zag for all my upholstery stuff, I'm in heaven with that Consew!!

Hey, we've ALL had that "warm fuzzy feeling" a time or two.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

The Consew 206RB series has always been one our very best selling machines, and for a good reason.  Good quality, excellent design, and extreemly dependable.  Probally the best desgined safety clutch on any machine.  One of the very few machines I would say I know very well, and a lot about.  I have common parts listed on our web page that cross reference with a 206RB-5, and I can upload and link the owners and parts list for the 206RB-1, specifically tomorrow.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Consew 206RB, -1, -2 parts (12MB file size) http://keysew.com/books/206RB-1_parts.pdf

Consew 206RB, -1, -2 Owners/service manual (657KB file size) http://keysew.com/books/Consew_206RB_Operating_Instructions.pdf

CKKC

Darren Henry

QuoteI have a plate from an OLD singer that will cover everything but the (?) feed dog bar for the testing.

That unfortunately is the most important piece of tin in that area. I doubt that tape would support the outer presser foot properly.

QuoteI know y'all think I'm a nut job about this machine

Not in the least. You have to have the right tools for any job and if you've been "getting by" with less it's HUGE to get properly equiped.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

CKKC

I am wondering exactly how to run the top thread around the tensioning device.  Is the thread supposed to be pulled upward until it goes past the "hook" in the device?   

I finally got to try sewing today and it did much better than I expected but the top thread broke and is pulled awfully tight somewhere!

Mike8560

oh ya threading the machine that was a challenge when i started and didnt see the thread run out  :o havnt used a consew but if your get a close uup pic Im sure we can help you.  I just love my old clutch ,motors I got no problem controling them at all. in fact i can start off and sew verrry slow if I want to. someday I might get to try a new servo motor and see what all the fuss is about  ::)

CKKC

I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow.   Someone must have screwed the top thread tensioner all the way in and I didn't notice it!   

CKKC

July 10, 2010, 08:49:25 am #25 Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:52:36 am by CKKC

My new machine!

Thread tensioner area.    Is the thread supposed to go behind the hook like the pic?

Eric

Here are pictures for you
Eric

CKKC

OK, thanks!   :)

I guess I have it threaded right then!

CKKC

Quote from: hdflame on June 06, 2010, 05:44:05 pm
Quote from: CKKC on June 06, 2010, 04:41:22 pm
Thank you everyone,  and as usual my mistake was in saying the "nice" clutch motor.  I meant
to say the nice servo motor!  I am not a company or anything like that, just doing stuff for myself and my family so it doesn't have to be absolute top notch. 

I do appreciate all the input!!

Carol

Carol, you'll find that we pick a little on here occassionally. ;D  I got the servo because it was about the same price as a clutch motor and my skill level NEEDED it! :P  Now that I have it, I'm glad I went that route!  I've got an old Union Special that sews WAY too fast to control...for me anyway. :o

Well, this machine does have the clutch motor and I'm going to HAVE to get another shiv to get it to start slower!   It is going to sew my fingers if I don't!
I would love to have the servo motor but I don't think I can afford it at this time.  aarg!

CKKC

Quote from: Darren Henry on June 23, 2010, 05:04:07 pm
You could make a temporary plate out of an electrical box blank cover ( the round ones) until you see what all you need to order. [never mind how I know that; and have about half an hour of free time ready]

Or, where this is just for a quick shake down "cruise", throw a little duck tape or packing tape over the opening and stomp that bad boy, let's see what it'll suffer. 8)

HA!  Well I stomped it today and it ran like my old 429 Ford!    I should have gotten a speeding ticket just for my test stitching!   Whoo hoo!