Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 22, 2024, 11:13:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ongoing Automotive Interior Project

Started by mnc2fan, May 24, 2010, 02:15:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mnc2fan

May 24, 2010, 02:15:11 am Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:16:25 am by mnc2fan
This weekend I started tackling my interior. Mostly trim upholstery, and cleaning (still not proud of the carpet, filthy! And the seats.. I think someone dropped a knife on them!)

The shift boot was trash, so I made a new one. Nailed it on the second try. Should fit nicely once I put it back in the car, I used the factory ring at the top (all the ones people make seem to fit very loose, not mine!)

I've been getting tired of looking at my console in the car, so I've begun recovering it.

Haven't finished the back part of the console yet..money I was using material I already had. I'll get some pics on here when I finish it. Should look decent when I get done. The last pic is just a 'dry' fit, so far I like it.

hdflame

Thanks for sharing, looks good!  Looking forward to the finished project!  I like "How To's"! ;D
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

mnc2fan

I haven't made anymore progress on the console piece, but I did get to put the console piece that has the window switches, and shifter boot back in the car.

Wow what a difference that made, looks much cleaner with a nice non torn boot in there!

I'm going to be starting school in the next few months. So a shift of priority will be at hand very soon.

stitcher_guy