Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:14:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Damaged Couch/Love Seat recliner systems!

Started by baileyuph, July 14, 2019, 06:52:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

I just had a week of several pieces of furniture come in with bent up recliner systems.  The iron
just won't move - open or close .  I look at it and look at them (very big suggest the least) and go
ahead and fix the stuff without advising that you don't get in or out of these seats when
open. 

Even some powered units are getting bent - I guess it is commercial time and they get
into a hurry to get that "drink" for the rest of the show.

Where we headed in this business?

Doylel

gene

I think it's both the size of the ass AND the rush to get more food for the rest of the show. they are Tonnected.

I've seen recliner mechanisms that are 25 years old that are almost twice as thick as the new ones today. Building in obsolescence is a real thing. And the cheaper you can make a part that will last just longer than the warranty is money that goes to the profit line.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

The bigger they are the harder they land.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html