Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:19:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Business Expansion - ahead?

Started by baileyuph, June 30, 2019, 06:10:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

The discussion(s) related to pet ownership - doesn't it suggest there could be added business making
pet protection slip covers for furniture? 

If this is already happening, what would be a suggested type or fabric for this protection?  This sounds
like it could make a good increase in the related business.

A fabric that would look striking and machine washable is the idea? Something fairly economical- affordable?

Well, durable also! 

Asking for too much -- or is the market too small? 

Gene could cover his stools in matching fabric!

Never know!

Doyle

kodydog

I like this idea and it would be a good complement to your business. Rose keeps all of our furniture covered. And lots of friends do the same with unattractive blankets. A decretive cover that is pet friendly and washable is a good idea. I don't think it has to be anything fancy like a slip cover just something that can be tucked into the corners.

Like anything, marketing may be your biggest challenge. I'm sure Mojo has plenty of ideas in that department. 
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Funny you mention this Doyle. We recently ordered slip covers for our leather chair, sofa and loveseat.

We got them off Amazon and the fit and quality was very good. Were they custom made ? No. But they fit very well
and tight and came with styrofoam inserts that you wedge into the cushions.

Like so many other things they were made in China and the price point was very low making it impossible to compete.
We all need to remember the consumer world we are dealing with now days. While the older generation is still quality conscious
the vast majority of consumers are all about price. Never mind about quality and length of the products service life.
People are accustomed to throwing out and buying new.

Where I could see a market is maybe with the high end client who wants a perfect fit. But again this market I believe would be very small.

Check out these prices:  https://www.amazon.com/s?k=slip+covers+for+furniture+sofa&crid=34Y73D3DZZ37Y&sprefix=slip+covers%2Caps%2C175&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11

Mojo