Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:49:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Has this happened to you?

Started by gene, February 05, 2019, 05:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I upholstered the top of an ottoman with an antique embroidery. My customer's mom, who died a year ago, made the embroidery 50 years ago or so.

The customer picked up the ottoman last Wednesday. He did not have any more checks in his check book so he took the ottoman and said he would pay me this week. I have worked with him before and I knew his mom so no problem.

He came in today to pay me. As he handed me the money I asked him how he like it. We didn't have a chance to talk last week when he picked it up. He hesitated and said, "Well..." I thought he didn't like it.

He then said that he had put the ottoman in a bedroom on the second floor and the entire second floor was destroyed by a fire this past weekend. Wow! He showed me pictures. You could see the sky from the bedroom. There was no roof. A chimney fire, wood fire in the fire place, caught the roof on fire.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

Not quite that and it was a sad story - I hope the Family is covered - I'm sure that gentleman has many friends that he's done right by over the years and they will help him to get back on his feet.
Anyway my story was...... one of the movers I work for went out of business - lots of pain for the Family members and the employees.  When they closed they owed me $ 350.00.
I didn't even resend the bill because I just thought I'm the last guy they'll think about.  Two months later his personal check came in the mail - balance in full.
SA