Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:43:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Side Hustles

Started by kodydog, January 15, 2019, 06:28:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

It seems like this is the first time in my life where I don't have some kind of job on the side to pick up a little extra cash. Whether working for someone else or figuring out ways to add extra income to our business. The last two years have been great with a steady work load and our prices where they should be. We are able to turn down undesirable jobs and this is the first time in a long time we are booked solid through January and February. Here is another interesting article from Manta

8 SIDE HUSTLES YOU CAN START TODAY
Work is no longer limited by traditional nine-to-five jobs. it is easier than ever to earn cash on the side without sacrificing too much of your time or sanity.
https://www.manta.com/resources/small-business-advice/8-side-hustles/?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

For the last ten years any customer that asks me " what else do you do"  I say ...minor handyman type work.  It's been a great fill in when there are slow periods.  I'll hang shelves, wall art - mirrors, fix kitchen cabinet doors - adjust hinges, anything that can be done using my everyday tools   - today I had a call from the lady I did the cane chair for last week.  Her front and back door bolts were sticking.  I had to file down the mortise plate on both so the bolt passes without hitting.  Winter shrinkage issue - an otherwise slow day I made my pay in one hour.  It's also a nice change from having to smell lacquer -
SA

baileyuph

There are buyers looking for someone to do side work and will pay cash.  A side job almost requires
cash - putting taxes in perspective.

Cash can make a incentive!

Doyle