Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:22:50 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Exercise/work out equipment

Started by gene, December 26, 2018, 08:44:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I have someone wanting me to recover pads on exercise equipment at a neighborhood rec center.

I have not done this before. I'm thinking there is a vinyl that is used specifically for this. The best I can find is from Miami Corp called Tuff Stuff but it has a textured pattern on it and the old vinyl is smooth.

Do you know of specific vinyls used for this and what is the source?

Thank you,

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Olympus is a nice vinyl for for gym pads. Easy to work with. About $14 yd. for a 30 yd. roll. $18 cut yardage.

https://keystonbros.com/boltasport/olympus.html
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Thank you Dennis. I registered and they will let me know if I am worthy to buy wholesale from them.

I liked that vinyl. 1,800,000 rub test. I don't know why I couldn't find that retail. I guess it's not something DIYers would be interested in?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

I have used tough stuff numerous times. It is tough. I have some of it in an outdoor installation that I did 8 years ago and it is still alive and looks decent despite the brutal Florida UV rays.

Our favorite is Soluna. 19 oz, rip stop and strong as hell. Over 750 lbs tear tensile strength. Sews real well. I spec'ed it out for an engineering firm and they used it on a Marine Corp Sentry Station at Gitmo. It is an amazing vinyl.

Mojo