Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:11:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Clip Pliers

Started by 65Buick, March 28, 2017, 07:12:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

65Buick

Is there a reason I would want OSBORNE 445-3 versus Osborne 522?

I am setting up coil springs. I have a set of 3 'bar springs' which are coils already attacked to a lower bar support. I now need to connect them up top using edge wire.

Also somewhat curious if I might save a little money just hand tying them up top, not sure how often I'd use the clip pliers and they're pricey.

Thanks all.

MinUph

The 445s are what you use for attaching baker clips. The 522 are for attaching ferrules that are smaller. The baker clips are what you want to use to attach coils to edgewire. They are worth the $ but you can wrap strong twine to attach springs to the edge wire.
Google both part$s and you can see the difference.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

If you are going to do a lot of edge wire those pliers can be worth the cost. If not, Italian jute cord, the same stuff I use for tying springs, works just as well, but not as fast. I vaguely recall, I think, a video on youtube where an upholsterer shows how he ties on the edge wire.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!