Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:41:32 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

2003 Chris Craft 203 deck boat cushions

Started by Corjen1, January 06, 2017, 02:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Corjen1

Hello All, do you guys know how or where to find specific color vinyl? I have a customer that is very particular on the color. even though the boat has been left outside for many years, and the vinyl is faded.  He want the factory color. Ive explained that it still wont match the rest of the cushions not being worked, but he wants what he wants... the boat is a 2003 Chris Craft 203 deck boat. The color is a cream/off white color.

Thanks in advance...

Cordell

Darren Henry

I'm probably no use to you from up here in the great white north, but knowing where you are and if you have commercial accounts might help some one else.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Corjen1

Thanks Darren, Im in Wichita KS, no, I dont have commercial accounts. I am more of a wanna be privateer... meaning that I work marine upholstery on the side, out of my basement. only in the fall/winter months.

brmax

January 08, 2017, 08:47:56 am #3 Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:52:57 am by brmax
Good day there
As you found already it can be a pain tracking vinyls, textile patterns.
In behalf of the owner, they simply know and "bought" a level of quality from a proven boat mfg.
so they tend to follow that tested replacement. quality and experience matters right!?

Some boats its best to call the mfg. for that model as that is the best lead in, even google is your friend with this. The car guys have many many $$$expensive books they treasure with samples and the material codes, again treasured or the ones that do original material; custom re-build.
This boat mfg may not use the same vinyl from the same factory as the 30'footers. So a good thing is looking around for a material code w/ color and that stuff to better help us help you.

I can say the next boat or car material will be stocked from another supplier, as a typical.

Floyd

oh ya: some cushion materials have code tags from mfg's sewn in a seam

Darren Henry

J Ennis fabrics' have an American warehouse in Indianapolis. All their stuff is viewable on their website. Just google J Ennis fabrics. They have a good selection of marine (at least in their Canadian warehouses).

Another really cool feature of their website is that you can have most of their fabrics "wrapped" on different styles of furniture so you can see what the finished project will look like.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!