Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:39:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Big Chair w ottoman

Started by 65Buick, December 30, 2016, 03:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

65Buick

http://gdurl.com/OaNW

I've been trying to 'flip' pieces with not a lot of luck.

A potential customer sent me a photo of this chair (glider maybe)

She says it's an old piece, which it looks to be. I have not done one of these and am not sure how to quote the pricing on this if I took it on.

Can anyone help here? Are there coil springs down in there?

MinUph

This is called a Goose Neck Cogswell. The patterns look a bit sloppy but that might just be the picture. There may or may not be springs in the seat cushion. Or under it. Probably just a zigger base. If the patterns are good, it is a simple chair to do. Just take it apart and make everything on the patterns with notches and sew as it was. The seat and backs slip on after they are filled.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

65Buick

Thanks Paul. I honestly couldn't tell if it was a hand made type piece.
The owner says that a family member sewed a slip for it, which I would say was fairly decent for an am. I do not know if original remains.
That's a good start. Do you know how heavy these are? 30lbs?

MinUph

Their not too heavy. You should be able to handle it if its not going up or down stairs. The trick with these is to get the patterns right. The arms will come off on most of them which saves a few cuts during upholstery. Screws from inside the bottom frame and inside the outside back. Some are glued though.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website