Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:34:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Facebook members

Started by MinUph, July 19, 2016, 04:34:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Thanks Chris, lost of good info here.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

Interesting reading, my business is very small and am wondering how a small business, like Chris, gets a reading on when the grand scale operators are watching you?

Another question is:  if and when a very small business (like furniture rebuild/reupholstery)
gains significant exposure from marketing efforts (internet and such discussed here), how can a one or two man shop be effective?  The distance to market takes time. 

Reason I ask is, without this type of marketing effort, there is more business than a small shop can handle.    We make more money off work dropped off and picked up by the customer instead of those requiring travel and sales time.

What are the management methods of handling these business issues?  Time is money.

Doyle

MinUph

Doyle,
  Any form of advertizing is meant to bring in more work. If a company doesn't need or want more work it would make little sense to do advertizing of any kind including Social Media like Facebook etc.
  The best part of social media advertizing is the costs involved. Other than the time spent posting something there really is no cost. Added phone calls etc are I guess more work but it also is more business.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

chris I know what you meen about the dealer I used to workj with too many , and they cause you to loose money they have a lot of work want it asap and a cheaper price so they can make money on your labor. pom;y have one now and it xan still interfere with good paying jobs im n a maine canvas forum and closed facefook group  a lot of real pros and newbys  but its cool to see the different trends around the world. and learning techniques  from others kibsa what got started here when there were many marine guys but that was before facebook   oh ya I I do jave a business FB page only to show what weve got going on I can easily post current work a lot easier then my website so it has not been updated reciently though. people do find me googling the website from there they can visit the FB site and see more work examples 

kodydog

Quote from: DB on August 06, 2016, 06:08:16 am

What are the management methods of handling these business issues?  Time is money.

Doyle

The way I look at it is the busier you are the more the customer will value you. When a potential customer sees they must wait to have their sofa recovered they want you even more. This allows you to pick the cream of the crop and let the no profit jobs go down the road. It lets you focus your efforts on your best customers. The ones who can see the value of using a qualified, service orientated  and quality conscious business.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html