Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:09:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How to order pneumatic staple gun parts?

Started by baileyuph, August 11, 2016, 07:32:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

My gun that shoots #7 upholstery staples needs a driver (the plunger that pushes the staples into the wood for example) and probably an O-Ring Kit.

This gun has little information on it and not sure what it is called.  It is not Bea, don't think it is Rainco, therefore guess it could be A Fasco.

There are few numbers that I find staped on the gun.  It is a long nose and worked well for a good while.

Anyone gone through this find parts?

Doyle

sofadoc

August 12, 2016, 07:34:19 am #1 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:34:46 am by sofadoc
www.floydtools.com   has schematics for Rainco and Fasco guns. And they sell all the parts for them.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

August 13, 2016, 05:00:20 pm #2 Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:14:35 pm by kodydog
I ordered parts for a Senco staple gun from this company with good customer service.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/search_result.php?q=Sinco+staple+gun

I pretty much replaced every O ring I could find. When I was done It worked better but not perfect. I discovered the cylinder chamber was made out of plastic and had warped. It was replaceable but obsolete. Nobody had that part. I still keep the gun for back up. But anymore I figure if I can get a brand new Bea staple gun on eBay for under $140 its worth it. It'll last 10 years or more and I won't have to hassle with ordering parts and rebuilding it.

I have a heavy duty staple gun I bought from a manufacturer going out of business. It is designed with a maginet at the tip to hold spring clips when shooting them into the frame. It stopped working years ago. I found a local guy who said he could fix it. He picked it up and when he delivered it he said it works great. I don't know why I didn't test it before he left but the first time I fired it the piston went down but didn't come back up. I didn't bother to call the guy. Just wasn't worth the hassle.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

Yes I too stopped repairing these things. They never seem to be as good as they once were. Replacements are well worth it. Seems nothing is repairable anymore except of course Furniture.

A bit OT but I was watching this show on the tube today for a few minutes about automation, robots etc. etc. The guy an older gent was saying that soon robots will take many of the jobs we still do with people and there will come a time 20 yrs or so where there won't be enough people making money to buy the products these robots are making. The only people with $$ will be the rich that own these companies that have the robots. Then he said something I remember seeing movies about. That went like We will make robots so intelligent that at some point they (the robots) may look at us and think we are pretty useless and do away with us. He was asked if this was a silly way of looking at it and he came back with something like not silly we should not make light of it. Ya know the old movies I'm, remembering? That may all come to true someday and maybe not all that far into the future. Just thought I'd pass this on.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I still have pretty good luck repairing various tools with parts ordered from places like ereplacementparts.

New o-ring kit for my BEA.
New bumper for my Fasco.
Brushes for my electric rotary cutter.
Thermostat for my Jiffy steamer.
Trigger valve for my frame nail gun.

I have acquired several cheap off brand guns from shops going out of business over the years that I don't bother to fix. Just throw them away when they quit. I have a good feel for which tools are worth the effort to try and fix.

I only use a long nose gun when I really really need to get into a tight place. I probably shoot less than 100 staples a year with my long nose gun. It's a cheap off brand gun that I bought off eBay. When it quits, I'll toss it and get another one.

baileyuph

I have an older Senco stapler that was rebuilt with success.  I bought this new many years ago, sure like it because of its overall size. 

Kody Dog - do you suppose it is old and the cylinder is metal?  If so, what year about did guns go to plastic?

BTW, when the driver goes out but won't return, what is usually is the cause?

Doyle

sofadoc

Quote from: DB on August 13, 2016, 08:01:13 pm

BTW, when the driver goes out but won't return, what is usually is the cause?

The bumper is usually worn out, causing the driver to come a little too far out and get stuck.

kodydog

Quote from: DB on August 13, 2016, 08:01:13 pm

Kody Dog - do you suppose it is old and the cylinder is metal?  If so, what year about did guns go to plastic?

Doyle

I bought mine right after we moved back to Florida. 1999. The gun worked great for 10 years or more. I was disappointed when I took it apart and found the plastic cylinder. I always thought Sinco built a better product. There may be more but its the only gun I've seen that used plastic for the cylinder.

Thanks Sofa I'll check out the bumper on that gun, if I can find it. :) I still have 2 boxes full of staples.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

baileyuph

Kody my Senco is probably a little older than yours, not sure.  But, in contrast it is the best most satisfying stapler in my cadre.  Hope parts are available forever!  It fits my hand and handles all staple sizes needed.

Doyle