Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 01:21:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Trade Center

Started by SteveA, June 15, 2016, 02:48:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

This was sent to me from I guy I worked with in the 80s.  We worked together on a job in tower 1 for 9 months.  Below is what replaced those buildings -
If you haven't seen this it's good.  I haven't visited yet but was offered a job to assemble some cabinets being delivered however they were requiring OSHA training and a certificate before subbing me and I turned it down.  One of these days I'll get there
SA

<https://www.youtube.com/embed/aDIN26yxbnw>;

Rich

Very nice, thanks for posting Steve, so much more to experience  than when we visited the old Trade Center (even went on the roof), but it's not likely we'll spend the $32.00 per person admission this time around (I think it was free in the old building), especially after the cost of getting there,parking etc.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

sofadoc

Amazing how far it has come in just a few short years. This was our hotel view of ground zero in 2012

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

Amazing for sure considering the effort to get anything done in the City. The underground work took way longer than above.  Those residence buildings you saw on the other side of the West Side Highway are addresses for frequent service calls for me. 
I like visiting the City but I'd never live in Manhattan.
SA

sofadoc

Quote from: Rich on June 16, 2016, 04:02:14 am
but it's not likely we'll spend the $32.00 per person admission this time around (I think it was free in the old building), especially after the cost of getting there,parking etc.
I have to agree. I've been to the top of many buildings. Empire State, Rockefeller Center, Chrysler in NY. Sears and John Hancock in Chicago. The experience at all of them was a little over-rated, and definitely over-priced. And the long lines were an absolute beating. Hell, at Rockefeller Center, there was an exasperatingly long line just to LEAVE.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban