Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 12:27:17 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Lockner cushion machine

Started by gene, June 05, 2016, 05:42:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

June 05, 2016, 05:42:07 am Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:43:23 am by gene
In this video, at 6:45, he uses a Lockner cushion machine for inner spring cushions.

Can you use the plastic wrap and shop vac technique that we use on the foam poly batting wrap cushion inserts?

If you can, how well does the vacuum technique work to using the Lockner?

Also, other than for authentic restoration projects, does anyone still make inner spring cushions? I've repaired a few but I've never made one from scratch.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank you.

gene

PS: Another awesome video, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0TX3WfOZGI
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Buck makes it look easy in the video and it is after your done a few. But it is a lot of cotton to deal with making new. I doubt you could make a new sping filled cushion without a cushion machine. I miss mine on occasion. Like Buck said when you need it you need it. Sucking downs a spring filled cushion might work I will have to try it sometime. They way they are made nowadays is with a foam top and sides. Not as good of a cushion but easier to make and probably cheaper. Won't last as long for sure.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I've made a few recently. After wrapping with cotton, I wrap the whole thing with black bottom, clip staple the black bottom around the sides and back, and slide it into the cover. It works fine as long as you have a zipper that comes around both sides.

The old Lochner was great for spring unit cushions. But it did take up a lot of room in the shop. I don't do enough spring cushions anymore to justify having one. The zipper around the sides and black bottom wrapping suffices on those rare occasions.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban