Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:26:45 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pontoon Topper Project???

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, May 19, 2016, 09:16:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

I quoted him $1,350 for both pieces, which I actually think is pretty reasonable.  But that is knowing what is involved, not as Darren posted, which sadly is probably pretty accurate.  I could just see him scratching his head after he hung up the phone, "Well, now how much work can it be, just a couple of seams here and there, put on a few snaps, sew some zippers in the bimini and you're done."  Rock on dude, give it a shot and then give me a call when it's totally hosed up, the price will have increased substantially then!

Floyd, he didn't say what he is looking for.  I just told him to make sure that he's in the marine section, not the indoor stuff.  I'm not expecting to hear from him.  If he can find someone to do it cheaper, more power to him but as I posted earlier, people are screaming to me about how hard it is to find someone to work on their boats.  I've had people tell me that they traded a boat in because they couldn't find anyone to work on it.  Crazy, no?

Have a great day all!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Darren Henry

QuoteI could just see him scratching his head after he hung up the phone, "Well, now how much work can it be, ....

The world is full of people like that. We've got one on the go like that at work. The floor in the side out of his camper is rotten. So after the guys took all the inside trim off, we lifted the 10 foot slide out and set it on it's exterior wall without breaking any of the windows. The floor is 1"+ plywood with a layer of plastic on the bottom to help it slide on the carpet. this has to all be laminated together, with curing time etc...The guy calls the boss at home every night at 9:30 asking what time the next day it will be ready. He got told on friday. teehee
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!