Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:55:40 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

power lift chairs -- where to find mech parts

Started by byhammerandhand, May 09, 2016, 06:32:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Does anyone have a source for mech (motor, power supply, switch) for power lift chairs?  I'm normally working on warranty work and have access to parts from retailer to mfr, but I have one coming up that may not be so.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Quote from: byhammerandhand on May 09, 2016, 06:32:12 am
I'm normally working on warranty work and have access to parts from retailer to mfr
Same here. I've never even tried to procure my own parts.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

I've never had to repair one or get parts but if it helps I saw this site on the internet
http://www.medicalcentersupply.com/index.html 

SA

byhammerandhand

Yes, that helps, I've never seen the schematic of those 7-pin connectors.   Nowadays, I have  a couple of transformers, a couple of motors and a switch.  After checking power at the outlet, I swap one part at a time until I find the faulty part.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SteveA

I've had to replace parts for a Flex-a Bed a few times- usually they just send a new motor and/or remote control. Never individual parts.  Electronics for me is like calculus - I'd probably short circuit the customers house.  One time I was asked to figure out why the tape lights on a wall unit weren't completely lit.  I unplugged and re-plugged the connectors at the box - no help.  Then at the spot where the ribbon went dead I cut off the blacked out area and moved the ribbon over - customer was so thankful - little did they know  ! 

SA

byhammerandhand

Yes, I've had a couple of doozies with entertainment centers / computer hutches with lighting.

One I got called out for lights not working on hutch.  First thing I did was climbed up step ladder, took off the
top panel and found the plug to plug in for the lights.   Grandma was babysitting and groaned that her son had spent all weekend trying to get it to work.

Another the touch lights puck switch was not working (often have problems with those).  Fixed the contact, then when the puck lights came on, so did the fluorescent lights that were on a separate touch switch.  Took a look at those and found the two wires were in proximity to each other in the top and causing inductance.  Separating the wires by 10" solved the problem.  Good thing I got an A in my physics electricity and magnetism class.

This is in addition to "oh yeah, that outlet has been causing us problems" and "there was a lightening strike in the neighborhood a couple of weeks ago,"  problems.

Also had to install "lighted cup holders" and "LED footlights" in a set of theater seating.  That was fun figuring out the master/slave wiring on that mess. How to tell if you have too much money when you start buying those things for your "theater room"
Keith