Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 31, 2024, 10:26:45 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Photobucket s#$ks

Started by kodydog, April 25, 2016, 06:51:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

April 25, 2016, 06:51:27 pm Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:57:22 pm by kodydog
There are some problems I'm having when using this forum.

1. A couple years ago I stopped being able to use the emotions, smiley, wink , cheesy etc. No big deal

2. About a year ago the "preview" option stopped working. The only way to preview is to hit Post and if any revisions need to be made hit modify. No big deal

3. Photobucket is a pain in the ass. Sorry. But no big deal

4. Last December the site went down. For about a month. I messaged them a time or two and got a response that they were working on it. Eventually it came back so no big deal.

5. Now my profile picture, the one of my GS dog who was put down the day after the picture was taken and who is also my online name has disappeared. Thanks Photobucket. Personally this is a big deal.

I love this forum and I appreciate the folks who make it available to us. I know Photobucket saves tons of memory on the server. But if you don't want this forum to die completely get with the times. Drop Photobocket. Just don't know what else to say.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

I've never been able to use the emotion buttons or the Quote button correctly. I think that may be something to do with the operating system security ?    Photo bucket is OK - a little slow but once I put some time in using the features and learning the codes - it isn't bad.  I'm sure you'll be able to reclaim your photo and on line name.  I haven't kept anything on photo bucket that I'd regret losing.  What other site would you recommend for posting photos here ?

SA

kodydog

April 26, 2016, 05:05:16 am #2 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 05:06:02 am by kodydog
5 years ago we had 5 times more active members. One by one people dropped out. Most of them joined groups where the program was much more user friendly. My point is if they want more people to join this group the experience needs to be a good one. I don't know about the rest of you but when I go to a site that makes it difficult for me to use I'm outta there and off to the next one. How many times have we seen a newbie's frustration with Photobucket.

Google, Manta, Houzz, Yahoo, Yelp, and all the FB groups have click and drop type photo storage. You don't have to leave their site to upload a photo. They know if they want people to keep coming back they need to make it fast and easy. And all of the different options work. My suggestion wouldn't be switching from Photobucket to another photo storage site but to find another server to host this forum. I know this would cost more than the host would be willing to put out. So I guess I really don't have the answer.

It just makes me wonder if there are this many problems with the forum how many problems are the advertisers having?

ADD moment; speaking of advertisers, I was looking for a product for a friend and went directly to this site. While I was searching a pop-up message appeared and asked If I needed any help. I told him what I was doing and thanked him for sponsoring this site. Hows that for customer service.  

gene

I have an electric cutter that I use for cutting fabric.

There is a plastic tube type thing that connects the drive shaft from the motor to the drive shaft of the cutting wheel. It's considered a "safety" thing.

Mine broke and I found a new one for a few bucks from Rowley. I installed it yesterday.

I took a picture of the plastic thingy in the bag and a picture of my electric cutter machine. I was going to post the pics on this forum last night when I got home from work.

I was tired and just didn't feel like messing with photobucket so I didn't post the pics.

Your topic was very timely for me, KoDyD.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

My emoticons don't work either. And yes, it would be nice if I could just upload a pic here directly without going through PB first.

But I'm not experiencing any of the other problems. My quote and preview options work fine.  And I currently can still see KodyD's name and pic of his dog.

Like KD says, there probably isn't enough participation on this forum to justify spending the money on a better server.

Gene: Is your cutter the Allstar model AS-100K?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Virgs Sew n Sew

Emoticons don't work.  I'm not a fan of P/B because it takes time to load the pics there, then you have to click and add to this place so I tend not to post too many.  Since your picture displays here, is there no way for you to copy it.  Or can you talk to P/B about copying it for you.  I would be devastated if my last pics of Jimmy and Carly would disappear. 

Virginia
Fuck this place.

sofadoc

Quote from: Virgs Sew n Sew on April 26, 2016, 07:22:29 am
Since your picture displays here, is there no way for you to copy it.  Or can you talk to P/B about copying it for you. 

Virgs Sew n Sew

April 26, 2016, 08:06:33 am #7 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:07:40 am by Virgs Sew n Sew
http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x386/EdwinNorthuis/Kodylastday.jpg

I was using my little Chrome notebook upstairs and it is worthless for this stuff.  Now that I'm on my tower, I could do the cut and copy.

At least you can get this picture back this way.

Virginia

It is a fabulous picture!  I don't blame you in the least for being upset that it is missing from your P/B account.
Fuck this place.

kodydog

Quote from: gene on April 26, 2016, 05:18:55 am

I was tired and just didn't feel like messing with photobucket so I didn't post the pics.

Your topic was very timely for me, KoDyD.

gene

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me.

Photobucket still has the picture. But I've only had to post this profile picture once before when I joined back in 2010. And I still remember what a hassle that was to figure out. So I was not looking forward to doing it again. But today during my lunch break I tried to enter it into what they call my avatar. I spent 20 minutes but only managed to delete it completely from my posts.

Can anyone give me a step by step on how to post a picture from Photobucket onto my avatar.

sofadoc

Go to your profile, and click on "Forum profile information".

Click on "I have my own picture".

Paste the link that you copied from PB.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

April 27, 2016, 06:25:13 pm #11 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:32:34 pm by kodydog
Quote from: sofadoc on April 26, 2016, 04:58:35 pm
Go to your profile, and click on "Forum profile information".

Click on "I have my own picture".

Paste the link that you copied from PB.

Yep, that's what I did. I remember back in the day there were 5 links you could choose from. Now there seems to be just one. IMG thumb. Okay so I copied and pasted into "I have my own picture" HTTP is already in place so I just pasted right behind that. Now what. Just go back to the forum? Doesn't seem to work. Can you still see my profile picture?

I can post it here,

But it doesn't work in "I have my own picture". Dang! After you paste it into "I have my own picture" do you have to hit enter or something?  

Frustrated in Gainesville.

I also just tried the "I will upload my own picture" method with no luck. What am I missing?

sofadoc

April 28, 2016, 08:00:37 am #12 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:05:53 am by sofadoc
No, your profile pic is blank now.

So you say that "IMG Thumb" is your only link option?

Here's what mine (PB page) looks like. I think I used the "Direct" link to post my profile pic here.

Just a theory, but do you only have the free version of PB? I have the pro version that I pay $30 a year for. That may be why you're not seeing all the links. PB may have scaled the free version back a little.

If you're only getting 1 link option, you might be able to report the problem to PB and get it resolved (or at least get an answer as to why).

BTW When I click on the thumnail pic of your dog in your post above, it takes me to your PB page, where I CAN see all the link options (but I may only be seeing them because I have the pro version).

SteveA

I have the free version and all the links appear.  Is the biggest advantage of the pro version the storage - or are there other benefits ?
SA

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on April 28, 2016, 11:12:49 am
Is the biggest advantage of the pro version the storage - or are there other benefits ?
Basically, more storage. Other perks (which I never use) include discounts for custom prints.