Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:59:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Mustang Pony Interior Seat Kits

Started by baileyuph, April 15, 2016, 07:31:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Perhaps in your business you get request to install the seat kits in early Mustangs (64 1/2, 65, and 66 year models).

My shop has run a good number of them thru the past few weeks and found that most prefer or like the Pony version.

A bit more expensive but very sporty.

Like any product lines there are different quality kits available from suppliers. 

One issue we learned that varies in kits is all don't adhere to original specs, particularly foam used in pleating (density varies) and the bolster listing sizes.  This is an aggravating issue for the installed result of the interior  will vary from firm pleats to soft pleats (essentially flat pleats) to OEM firm level of pleats.  I mentioned the bolster listing (the channel that the wire for hog ringing is inserted), and if it isn't sized to original specs, wrinkles and flat bolsters will result.

So, we gained insight on labels to be wary of and labels (products) that work out nicer.

The company, from California, sure impressed us.

This is passed on in case others endeavor to perform the best possible interior restoration work. 

As an additional note, another company that impressed us with their accurate patterns and quality materials used in seat kits was PUI.  Their prices are competitive also.

I figure there are shops, like us, who have probably had similar experience with kits.

Doyle