Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 07:44:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Upholstery Help

Started by jaybeckett85, February 11, 2016, 06:19:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybeckett85

Hi, I have had a bespoke 2 person seating made with a curved upholstered seat+back design.
However, because of the way it has been designed the faux leather material sags slightly in the curved area of the upholstery (please see picture).

Does anyone know a remedy to my dilemma? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks James

MinUph

You need to fit that area and put a seam there. Top stitched for strength.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Yep, I've been there and spent more time than I will admit to in chasing the wrinkles all over the place.

There's no way to pull the vinyl tight because it's fastened to the curve only on the edges.

If you glued a puller fabric to the back of the vinyl where it is curved and then pulled that puller fabric into the frame and staple it, that would allow you to have something to pull against when you pull the wrinkles out, but, that's a lot of work and you need a very tight glue bond. And that glue seam will take a lot of pressure when folks sit down and get up. Putting in a seam will allow you to sew a puller fabric onto the vinyl.

Manufactures will sometimes use a heat shrink vinyl like they do on car seats.

I'd hate to put a seam in that because it looks so good, without the wrinkles. However, Paul usually knows what he is talking about.

Let us know what remedy you find.

Best of luck,

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!