Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 03:21:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Staple ream

Started by gene, October 30, 2015, 03:19:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I am doing several sets of fully upholstered dining room chairs. They take a lot of staples.

It seems to me that I am refilling my staple gun more often than I used to. I don't think I'm using more staples than usual.

I use BEA staples and a ream is 4 15/16" long.

Does anyone have an old box, maybe a year ago, that you can measure the length of a staple ream?

Just curious.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

QuoteIt seems to me that I am refilling my staple gun more often than I used to

Could be because production line work like that is mind numbing. The only time you "zone in" is to reload LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

I don't know about overall length of a ream, but I have always bought staples in boxes of 10,000. I never counted, but I assumed that each ream contains 100 staples.

So if they are 22 gauge, then a ream of 100 staples would have always be the same length. If it were shorter, it wouldn't be 22 gauge.

I think you're just getting trigger happy in your old age.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

sofadoc

Wow! That shows how much attention I've paid all these years. I thought a ream contained 100 staples.

I opened a box and counted 60 reams. I broke 1 ream apart and counted 166 staples. If all the reams are exactly that same size, then a box that says 10,000 actually only contains 9,960 staples.

Maybe some of the reams have an extra staple? I dunno. I'm not going to count all of them (I have a life, ya know).

What an eye-opener. All my life, I've been lied to.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban