Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 04:20:35 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Calling Sgt Major Darren

Started by Mojo, October 22, 2015, 06:29:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

October 22, 2015, 06:29:57 am Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:48:40 am by Mojo
I see another Trudeau is now in office. :)

I have been teasing all my Cannuck friends this week. The Doc is livid and is threatening to move to Costa Rica. They are due to arrive for the winter at our place next week so I have a whole winter to listen to his bitching. :)

I typically put a quarter in him, wind him up and sit back and smile and drink my diet coke as he bashes every living ( and dead ) politician in Canada.

Chris

Darren Henry

You wouldn't need to waste the 25 cents if I were there!!!! It's sad to see just how short people's memories are and how gullible the electorate is. Offer to spend a bunch of money you can't come up with to every special interest group and promise not to raise taxes to pay for it and you can buy every stupid " I deserve ....because I'm different" vote and they forget what the liberal party does and for whom.

I don't want to talk a lot about politics here, but here are some pointy sticks to get Doc work up;
>Ask about calling your president L-O-N-G before taking office and telling him we will be changing our role vs. ISIS.
>Bringing in 25,000 refugees ( like we have a shortage of them) by Christmas. think logistics.
>Announcing his "balanced cabinet" [ read appointments based on gender and ethnicity, not merit] Nov. 4 th. I assume he will be sworn in by then.

His father did to this country what his mother did to Mick Jagger----and the apple obviously hasn't fallen very far from the family tree.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

To be honest Darren, I do not think any country in the world is short of screwball politicians. They are due to arrive in a week and we always have lunch and also a dinner once a week. Those are typically our bitch sessions and he rips Canadian politicians apart while I do the same for our idiots South of you guys. :)

Both countries have given us alot of ammunition so it will be a long winter. :)

I am still floored at how much things cost in Canada. In some cases twice as much as what we pay in the USA. He said a T-Bone steak at the store is $ 20 a lb. Petrol is high. Groceries are high. Even Pizza's are outrageous. Real Estate prices are out of this world. To be honest Darren I do not see how people survive up there unless their wages are high.

American consumers do not know how good they have it.

Chris

Darren Henry

If I remember right your buddy Doc is in (near) Toronto. Prices there and in Vancouver and a couple of other large cities are crazy. I haven't bought a steak in months as beef prices are insane (cattle are selling for $2-3/lb) but the Walton size packs of lean ground beef often go on sale for $3.99/lb. Gasoline is down to $1.029/litre here in Brandon. maybe Ingrid could help with the conversion. I know a litre is just smaller than a quart and there are 4.54 of them in our old imperial gallon which is larger than your US gallon. Sins like alcohol and tobacco are taxed to the ridiculous. It varies by province due to their taxes added, but here in Manitoba a carton of 200 cigarettes cost $115. Twelve bottles of beer will set you back $25 and a 60 pounder of rye is $53 after tax.

It's all relative though. Much like post war Germany where you needed a wheel barrow full of currency to buy a loaf of bread. Manitoba just raised the minimum wage  to $11. Down your way the shift supervisor who makes sure the $11/hour, speaks some english employee offers you fires with that would get what? $5/hr? I've said for decades that we should just cut everything in half to be on par with the rest of the world. So you make $5.50/hr---your rent is $600 and a cart full of groceries are $50.

When I turned 16 and was eligible to hunt deer I had to buy a pair of white overalls (required dress at that time) and was ticked at the price. Grandpa was over and we did a comparison. I made good coin working for Dad but I had to work 3 hours to buy those whites. At the same station in life Dad would have had to work 3 1/4 hrs and Grandpa would have needed 3 1/2 to buy his. I guess I should go price out a new set of blaze orange and see if I'm winning LOL.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on October 25, 2015, 08:00:43 am
Down your way the shift supervisor who makes sure the $11/hour, speaks some english employee

up there if not English what would they speak?  here Spanish.   but there sure are a lot of foreign medical workers here jamacan Asian Spanish . jhohn has a Spanish cardiologist a Asian heat surgeon did his bypass

Darren Henry

You name it ---we get it. There is a large hog processing plant here in Brandon that finds it easier to import foreigners than retain our spoiled louts that think they are too good for that type of work and can get through life too easily on the tax payer's back. South Americans, Koreans, some Mexicans and Asians , you name it.

This happens everywhere.

Our immigration policy is a disgrace, and an insult to our own people who need help. If you're accused of eating a hamburger in India, you can apply for refugee status because you may face insults, and the government will buy you a cab and finance your wife's Taco bell franchise.  If you're not hyphenated (French-Canadian/ Metis/Gay woman etc...) find a park bench and sooner or later your drug addiction or mental health issue will go away;we need to import 25,000 people who are having  a civil war by Christmas apparently.  The only fair thing of course would be to ensure that both sides were evenly represented and that as many as possible feel that they deserved a hyphen.

Spark up another doobie Justin. BTW you have to wait until you are sworn in to legalize pot and and assign all government contracts to Quebec!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Darren Henry

Hey Chris. If you want to get your buddy wound for sound , ask him if he thinks Trudeau is that stupid that he didn't realize that calling president Oboma before he was even sworn in and telling him that we were just going to stop flying combat missions against ISIS might have an impact on contentious issues like the keystone pipe line. Or is he as arrogant as his old man and just followed Pierre's "just watch me" attitude.

Mojo

We talk everyday on the patio but our weekly lunch dates are normally Tuesday's. THis is where we both get stirred up. I plan on stirring the pot and giving him indigestion this week as we have not had a complete discussion on Trudeau yet. He typically gets wound up like a ten day clock during one of our chats over all the pol's in Canada.

I do need to take it easy on the old man as he is 70 yrs old. :) He is like an uncle to me and one of our dearest friends. But I still love cranking him up. He is my Doctor in the winter months and does blood treatments on me so I have to watch myself. lol...... I do not need him getting agitated with a 14 ga needle in his hand. :)

Chris