Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 03:17:11 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Friday Funny

Started by byhammerandhand, August 21, 2015, 08:17:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Pinocchio, Snow White and Superman are out for a stroll in town one day.

As they walk, they come across a sign: "Beauty contest for the most beautiful woman in the world."

"I am entering" said Snow White.

After half an hour she comes out and they ask her, "Well, how did you do?"

"First Place," said Snow White.

They continue walking and they see a sign: "Contest for the strongest man in the world."

"I'm entering," says Superman.

After half an hour he returns and they ask him, "How did you make out?"

"First Place," answers Superman. "Did you ever doubt?"

They continue walking when they see a sign:

"Contest! Who is the greatest liar in the world?"

Pinocchio says "this is mine."

Half an hour later, he returns with tears in his eyes.

"What happened?" they asked.

"Who the hell is Hillary Clinton?" asked Pinocchio.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

I think the main reason the Trumpster is in the lead for the RINOs is that he tells the truth on many things.

I saw a headline the other day about how you've got to admit it that "some of the things" Trump says are true. Wow! For a politician to say some things that are true makes headlines.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

August 21, 2015, 03:59:32 pm #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:22:57 pm by byhammerandhand
Sr. presidente, presidente Trump en el teléfono. Algo sobre ladrillos y mortero.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

August 22, 2015, 05:46:57 am #4 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:53:40 am by gene
Do you solemnly swear that during your testimony here in court, your pants will never catch on fire?

How many customers of Ashley Madison would be at their local hospital burn center right now?

Hillary Clinton has gone back to wearing skirts!

All the presidential contenders, including good old Bernie, have declared that they are of Scottish descent and will from now on be wearing kilts.

Catholic priests will continue to wear robes.

Have I missed anyone?

Here's an interesting article. It talks about mattress stores and car dealers have no problem trying to rip us off because they don't consider customer loyalty, where Walmart and Target and many other stores that want constant repeat customers treat need customer loyalty. I hadn't seen it in this way before.

i'm reupholstering two wing back chairs and the previous upholsterer layed cotton over the old fabric and pulled out only as many staples as was needed to get the new fabric stapled down. You could feel the old welt cord through the new fabric. This person didn't even bother to pull out any old staples that were sticking out. I'm sure this person wasn't thinking of repeat customers.

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/5/8151607/mattress-buying-tips-savings

gene

kodydog

August 22, 2015, 05:00:31 pm #5 Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:01:05 pm by kodydog
This may seem odd to some of you but when working on a piece I consider what the next upholsterer will think about my work. Some may call this foolish, I call it pride.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

Nothing silly about that at all Ed. I do the same thing. In fact that was part of the reason I went on my own. I was not pleased with some of the workmanship and practices (like upholstering over old fabric ) that were going on where I was working. I'm back on a time clock---but I mostly call the shots and it's my work that people associate me with.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

A few years ago I posted on this forum a comment that I had to use an ant trail of staples for something that I was doing on a piece of furniture. I mentioned that I felt bad for the next upholsterer who had to take out all my staples.

Minup, aka Paul, replied, "You should feel bad."

It would seem that quality and pride are essential elements for the folks who frequent this forum.

gene

sofadoc

August 27, 2015, 11:14:41 am #8 Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:15:35 am by sofadoc
Quote from: kodydog on August 22, 2015, 05:00:31 pm
This may seem odd to some of you but when working on a piece I consider what the next upholsterer will think about my work. Some may call this foolish, I call it pride.
Quote from: Darren Henry on August 23, 2015, 06:51:59 am
Nothing silly about that at all Ed. I do the same thing. In fact that was part of the reason I went on my own. I was not pleased with some of the workmanship and practices (like upholstering over old fabric ) that were going on where I was working. I'm back on a time clock---but I mostly call the shots and it's my work that people associate me with.
Quote from: gene on August 23, 2015, 08:19:43 am
A few years ago I posted on this forum a comment that I had to use an ant trail of staples for something that I was doing on a piece of furniture. I mentioned that I felt bad for the next upholsterer who had to take out all my staples.
Minup, aka Paul, replied, "You should feel bad."
It would seem that quality and pride are essential elements for the folks who frequent this forum.
I never pay the slightest bit of attention to the job done by the previous upholsterer when I strip a piece down. And I hardly even notice when a piece has excessive staples, or multiple layers of fabric (unless it's some ridiculous number like 7).  
Even if they signed their name inside, unless I can put a face with that name, it really wouldn't leave any lasting impression on me one way or the other.

I do however, always take note when the springs have been re-tied with rope or baling wire, and padded with old newspapers and such. And the webbing has been replaced with a piece of plywood. But having seen it so much, I quickly forget it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban