Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 06:13:22 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Quick Hello

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, March 24, 2015, 06:41:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.  Still playing catch-up from my down time due to MIL's illness and passing.  Plus, it is almost time for all my boat owner's to be putting their boats in the water so I'm keeping my noise to the grindstone on all of those projects.  It is also prom time and my closet is full of prom dresses as well as some dress slacks for a few young men.  Plus, Bob is Mom's Personal Representative and I've been working on her taxes so we have lots of stuff to do with her estate at the moment.  Hardly have time to breathe much less peruse the internet.

Joe continues to grow like wildflowers.  Took him to the vet last week and he weighed in at 37 pounds (less than 5 months old).  We were really having some behavior issues with him.  Started when MIL took ill and we weren't around to nip things in the bud.  He and the cats were barking/growling or screaming as only cats can do at the top of their lungs.  He would not leave Jimmy alone, to include jumping on his hips which are unfortunately getting pretty weak.  Then Joe decided that he would dominate me.  That was pretty much the last straw.  I did some reading on the internet and double checked with our vet and then agreed with what I had been reading.  We started putting Joe in Time Out when he was getting out of control.  Took just a couple of serious Time Out days and then once or twice a day for a few days after and Joe is back to pretty much being a good puppy.  He's still teething so we still have some biting issues.  Cats still like to smack the crap out of him and so he does retaliate, which is ok.  Jim has started playing with Joe, as long as Joe doesn't get to rough.  They both seem to be really having a ball so we let it go until Jim yelps and then we call Joe down and he is actually responding to voice commands.  All good.  Speaking of Joe, we had a dog charge us yesterday on our walk.  This is the second time the dog has been running at large.  The owner was out not making much of an effort to get the dog on a lead.  I told her next time I file a formal complaint with animal control.  Anyway, the dog came flying over at us.  I was afraid it was going to rip Joe's neck apart and Joe obviously was protecting me as he jumped between the dog and I (good boy Joe) and then growled, barked a warning and them bit down very hard on it's nose.  It ran whimpering back across the street to its owner.  I've been on the receiving end of those teeth and they hurt.  I was shocked and pleased that Joe was that protective already.

Back at the grindstone!

Virginia

Mike

March 24, 2015, 05:39:47 pm #1 Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:41:51 pm by Mike
I took my 2 to the vet yesterday morning for bordello shots. while in the lobby waiting a large dig came out past uo barhkly was at my feet the larger dog and jenny was sitting next to me . well the large dog was upset and didn't like barkly and went tords him barking and the owner was holding him back  well jenny she jumped right up barking "RURURURU"!

there now 16 and 18 pounds   were 1 last November
these pics were 4 and 6 months

check out the his n hers

Virgs Sew n Sew

Those two are absolutely adorable Mike.  Where do you and your brother sit however?  Doesn't look like they are going to want to give up the recliners; )  LOL

Virginia

Mike

if they think your goijng to sit on them they move virginial  however in med barlkey on my feet and jenny at my back , it nice AND WARM

Darren Henry

QuoteHardly have time to breathe much less...

It is highly recommended though. Try not to stare at the "forest"---just keep chopping "trees" down one at a time and you'll be back on track again in no time.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Darren Henry on March 26, 2015, 04:26:01 am

It is highly recommended though. Try not to stare at the "forest"---just keep chopping "trees" down one at a time and you'll be back on track again in no time.

Yup, trying to do just that.  Got a couple of prom dresses completed and a stack of pants hemmed.  Intent is to get through the alterations that have piled up the last month and then put alterations on hold until I get back on track with upholstery.  Love alterations but they can take up a lot of time and it's hard to justify that amount of time for the difference in price it brings in.  Prom dresses and other formal wear are the exception to that as you can get a good price on those items and they are by far the most fun as well.

Hoping for a quiet productive day today!

Virginia