Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:01:08 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

3/16" narrow crown

Started by MinUph, March 06, 2015, 07:02:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Im looking for a 3/16" crown stapler cheap. Anybody got one laying around they want to sell? Of course in working condition would be a great selling point :)
  If you have one, know of one, see one at a good price please think of the old guy and let me know.
  I want it for very occasional use. But will need one soon for a job.

Thanks.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Is this what we used to lovingly refer to as a "Gimp gun"?

I remember using one a lot back in the day. But I don't remember what specifically I used it for. I guess when the hot glue guns made their way into upholstery shops, I must have phased the gimp gun out. When mine quit, I never bothered to replace it. I haven't even seen one in 20 years, but I know they still make them.

I remember they were great for burying a staple in a welted corner. We had one upholsterer working for us that used it WAY too much. He would leave little "dips" everywhere.   
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

This will be used for double welt made out of vinyl. It is like you described. A small crown very small actually. They have some at harbor freight but they are 1/4" crown I'm looking for 3/16. I never used on on gimp and hot glue won't hold vinyl.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

MinUph

I picked up a 1/4" crown gun and some staples at Harbor Freight. We will see how it works. For 20 bucks its worth a try.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website