Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 09:39:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

More Snow

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, February 04, 2015, 04:20:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on February 08, 2015, 07:08:26 am
QuoteIve heard blowing like the dickens

Other than little Jimmy (of grand ol opree fame), what is a dickens exactly?
i think it a british family related to charles

Darren Henry

QuoteI still to this day put cider vinegar on anything that is green. Collard greens,

For me it's white vinegar (can't stand cider vinegar) with lots of butter and pepper on beet greens,spinach etc...but hey we put it on our french fries too up here. Mom and Dad vacationed in Arizona one winter and the restaurant staff(s) all thought they were kidding when they asked for vinegar with their chips. Most places had to bring them the gallon jug they used for cleaning because they didn't have the  individual packets or dispensers like you get soya sauce in a Chinese restaurant like we are used to.

QuoteFrom that day on windows were always winderrrs
Mom's Dad pronounce it the same way. And when they got dirty he wershed them, often with a yella cloth. NO idea were that came from. I don't remember his kid brother or the sister that I knew pronouncing those words quite as "wrong" as Grandpa John did.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Darrenn  used to like the fries at the county fairs with salt and vinegar

Virgs Sew n Sew

I love the dialect replies on this thread.  Not even sure how that came to be.  One thing I really like about this place is that people don't get upset if their thread gets hijacked.  So, feel free to go back to that topic.

Just wanted to say that while it was cold/snowy/blustery on Wed with a total snowfall of 6.1 inches, it was a balmy 65 degrees yesterday.  Believe it was 59 on Saturday.  We considered wearing shorts walking Saturday but decided against it because we knew the park would still have a fair amount of snow to trudge through.  Yesterday we did wear shorts though with a long sleeved shirt for our walk.   Really feels funny to wear shorts and then see or walk through snow (park still has some snow).

Saturday was also Joe's first walk.  : )  I had Jimmy and Bob had Joe.  Pretty funny as Joe had no desire to even leave the back yard.  finally got him through the gate and he did his feet firmly planted stance so Bob ended up tugging him for about half a block.  Then Joe decided he had to keep up with Jimmy & I.  Bob started teaching him to heel at that point and he caught on pretty quickly but he still ends up panting most of the walk because his security is to be close to Jimmy so he's always pulling on the lead.  Walked both again yesterday and he was gung ho from the start.  We also took him to the Nursing Home last evening to see MIL and her roommate (loves dogs).  They were both smiles ear to ear to see the little critter (maybe it was the drumstick ice cream treats that I had tucked into my purse).  He laid a whole lotta love on them and they were tickled we brought him; despite him having an accident on their floor.  He had peed about 15 minutes before we left so I think it was all the excitement.  We had only been there about 20 minutes and he started whining and then broke loose with a huge pee.  I wiped it all up and he settled down for a bit and then got restless again so I told Bob we needed to get him out of there before he pooped all over the floor.  There is no yard there to speak of to walk him in.  He whined all the way home and I just knew he was going to poop all over me but he didn't.  He did have another huge pee when we got him in our back yard.  Both said to bring him back, along with Jimmy, but it's stressful on both of them (jimmy is always very whiney the entire time we are there) so we will but not real often.

There, I hijacked my own thread : )

Virginia

Mike

it was rainey all day here  no patterning but I got my shop back in order