Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 12:25:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Business???

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, December 03, 2014, 06:43:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Just wondered how everyone's business is going.  Even pace, swamped, etc?  Especially heading into the new year?

I'm comfortable heading into the New Year.  Last year was pretty slim Jan/Feb and I'll be busy at least going into Feb.  These are just upholstery jobs.  Bob & I are seriously talking about hiring help for me.  Alterations and upholstery to a point (cutting vinyl, etc) may be a necessity.  If I don't get slammed with alterations, I'm good.  I told Bob I hate turning the jobs away because of the referral effect.  I've had maybe half a dozen alteration jobs that have either returned with upholstery jobs or gave my name to someone who was looking to have some upholstery work done.  At any rate, I'm feeling very optimistic about 2015.

Virginia

SteveA

My work is up more so then the previous 2 years but still not near to pre 2008 work load  - those were good years.
The other issue is costs have gone way up while business stayed the same or declined. Even if it gets back to pre 2008 numbers - the cost of doing business is over the top -
SA

Mike

my work is swamped again deadlines and rush jobs from my dealer landlord.  work is defenatly up plus extra work with my shop at a boat sales location.  plus ive gotton a big saving reciently on shipping flat shipping $15