Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 09:23:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New web page

Started by kodydog, November 10, 2014, 11:15:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

3 months in the making. Just uploaded to yahoo. Check it out.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

SteveA

No 800 number - I'm calling the other guy down the block  :-)

It looks real good - what does Yahoo charge for something like that - Verizon just did away with my free website they promised to provide when I signed up then recanted - I had it for about 7 years but policy changed over there
SA

sofadoc

Great looking site K-Dog.

So Yahoo is hosting it?

I did a Google search for "Furniture upholstery in Live Oak, Florida" and a link to your site came up 4th from the top on the first page.

But when I did the same search on Yahoo, nothing but a bunch of Yellow Pages type links came up.

Just wondering. Do you guys find that people find your site through a "blind search" or do they usually already know who they're looking for? I have a lot of customers come into my shop with a printed Google search results page in their hand. They've usually typed something generic like "Upholstery Greenville, Texas" in the search bar. But I also get more specific hits for a broader area.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Steve, because we have an account with yahoo the program was free. I simply downloaded it. Then the tedious job of learning it. Of course they would love you to upgrade for $. When finished the publishing was free also. When I say free that doesn't include 40 or more hours to learn the program, down load pictures and read available information on the best way to create a page.

Sofa, that is the type of info I need. I feel good about 4th on google. But would think yahoo would be better. There are ways to increase traffic that I need to learn. When I search Ladd Upholstery Designs I always come up 1st. But that has a lot to do with my computer knowing what I'm looking for.

Mojo

Ed:

Looks good. May I suggest some changes ?

1.) use the same wallpaper throughout your website. Never mix and match wallpaper. Use a neutral
and subtle pattern. The wall paper on the about us page is very distracting. I advise you to use the wallpaper that you used on your boutique page.

2.) On your About Us page, take the photo and crop the top portion so only the chairs show.
It looks very unprofessional seeing coolers and a green 5 gal. bucket.

3.)  That was a smart move showing some of the chairs marked as SOLD. This shows potential customers that you have a going business and what your producing is selling.

I do not have the time to read through everything but a better grammar checker would be Bobbin.

Great job Ed. :)

Chris

kodydog

November 11, 2014, 05:46:08 pm #5 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:49:56 pm by kodydog
Thanks Chris, I'll take all the advice I can get.

That "About Us' photo couldn't be cropped any more but it gives me another idea. I'll work on it.

The wallpaper on the "About Us" and "Boutique" is the same. Maybe you meant another page. But I get what you say about uniform patterns and I'll work on it.

I know my spelling is terrible and have already fixed some errors. I've checked and double checked so many times I'm about tired of looking at it. Any spelling corrections are welcome.

I look forward to beefing up my "Boutique." Just gotta find the time. :)

Mojo

Ed:

if you want to e-mail me the pic I will re-work it and send it back to you.

chris@stonevos.com

Chris

mtasch

The site looks clean.  I also have heard from friends who have Yahoo sites that they are a bit tedious to set up and run.  A lot of set up.  We decided to use Wordpress for our site which is free ware and basically you have to pay for the hosting.  We also use the woocommerce plugin that is very user friendly.  Also with Wordpress it is SEO friendly meaning that you can get a higher page ranking with less effort and most likely not have to pay someone monthly to use the service.  Once the was set up I was able to maintain it myself. Just a thought if you don't want to pay for a site monthly.  Just another option.

chrisberry12

Check out my web page at www.onislandupholstery.com, mine has a busy background and I pull a ton of work from my site from all over the states so have fun with it. I probably have crap in the background in some of my pictures which I think is great because it shows them in my shop. You can use Wix for web sites, it is free and very easy to set up and don't forget FaceBook, they are a great resource too. I am currently booking jobs for July and August due to the website and I live in a very seasonal location. The website looks awesome, well done, have fun with it and educate your audience.

Chris

Mojo

Chris:

Just looked over your site. Very good. Simple, easy to navigate and not cluttered.

Your work is also fantastic. Love some of the jobs you have done.

Chris

chrisberry12