Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 10:20:52 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Armchair trimming

Started by Michaela, November 09, 2014, 12:56:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaela

November 09, 2014, 12:56:27 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:58:06 pm by Michaela
Hi All,
Thank you for excepting me on this board, it is full of useful tips and it will take me forever to read them all. I have started upholstering a chair at the beginning of this year, it was only going to be a one off project trying to combined upholstery with my patchwork passion.....when the armchair was finished I was hooked. Recently I reupholster a Wing back armchair for a military charity and it turned out so well that I am now inundated with people wanting to order one but what I did not realise was the fact that the chair I used is classed as a retro chair over here in the UK. It has a kind of wood trimming at the front of the armrests which are removable....my chair had the trimming in brown plastic which I guilded and it really set the chair off. I have tried in the past few month to locate a supplier over here in the UK but no such luck, so here my question......are these trimmings available in the US ? Could maybe someone on this board guide me into the right direction ? For any help I be extremely greatfull xxxx

MinUph

Not sure what you are asking about Gilding the wood trim on the chair. It can be done the same as plastic. With paint, or leaf. Try to more specific so we can help. And Welcome aboard. You will no doubt find any help you may need here.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I think she is just looking for a source for front show-wood panels.

I don't know where to get them.

Anyone?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

What is wrong with the current trimming?  Usually, this trim is either wood with some kind of finish or it is a thinner wood/cardboard type of piece that can be covered.

If it is wood, show wood, polish it up is one easy option.

If it is not show wood but a thin layer of padding over plywood or a dense particle wood and has been covered in matching fabric, that is a nice easy solution.

Hope this helps.

Congratulations on your achievements in upholstery!

Doyle