Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:52:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New Project Chaise De Cygne

Started by mike802, October 30, 2014, 04:59:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mike802

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

bobbin

The correct spelling for "chase" is CHAISE.  It's a feminine noun meaning chair.

The correct spelling "segyn" is CYGNE.  It's a masculine noun meaning swan. 

Great video.  But, if you're going to use a foreign language it's wise to make sure you've got it right!

Mojo

Cannot wait to see the finished project. I have a feeling it is going to be awesome like everything you do Mike.

I will share this on my facebook page if you do not mind. :)

Chris

mike802

November 01, 2014, 05:30:40 pm #3 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:40:34 pm by mike802
Thanks Chris:  Feel free to share on your facebook page.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln

Darren Henry

Very cool project. Keeps us updated.

Your shop is unreal!!! I'm jealous LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

mike802

QuoteYour shop is unreal!!! I'm jealous LOL.

Darren:  You wouldn't be to jealous if you saw it before I turned it into a shop.  When I first bought this place the roof leaked so bad someone had built a little shed inside the barn to keep things dry.  The second floor was so rotten from the roof leaking for so many years that you couldn't walk on it.  The first floor had been partially filled in the front, but dropped off sharply in the rear.  There was an addition on the back, but it fell down with the first heavy snow load.  The building sits crocked, but from what I can tell, it was actually built that way. 

The first job was a new roof, it is a very steep pitch, probably thats what keep the whole thing from rotting away.  Then I started with the first floor, many loads of pea stone brought in with a shovel and wheel barrow.  I have a friend who is a concrete contractor and he helped me pour the floor.  Next was new studs placed 16" on center, wiring, insulation and drywall.  Then I got to do it all over again on the second floor.  Once that was done I rebuilt the addition.  Then I could start collecting all the tools for the shop, you are viewing the accumulation of 18 years of hard work, all done by myself except for the help on the floor.  I was a younger man then, today I think I would just walk away.