Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 06:15:50 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Now This is Amazing

Started by Mojo, September 19, 2014, 08:29:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I am working on my last order. I do not have any others nor have I did any quotes this week.

I do not remember the last time this happened. Am I scared ? Not yet. Actually I am loving it. Seems good to have some free time to get some honey do projects done.

I believe I am in that twilight zone right now where orders dry up and it is the calm before the storm. I am sure crap will hit the fan real soon once the Yankee Doodle Dandy's head our way for the winter. :)

This is the reason why I have not hired part time help. It is these slow times that scare me off from hiring someone and then having to tell them " sorry, I have no work for you this week or the week after ".

Anyone else suffering a slow down right now ?

Chris

kodydog

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I've been nervous a few times over the years, when business mysteriously slows down all at once.

I've never completely run out of work, but I HAVE found myself doing piddly little jobs that I would've normally considered "beneath me" on a few occasions.

Then, just when I get waist deep in piddly jobs, the meaningful work starts pouring in.

Like you, I never sweat the slow-downs any more. The work always starts coming back in.

One thing that has ALWAYS dumbfounded me.........when I go on vacation, I transfer the business phone to my cell phone so I won't miss any potential business while I'm gone. I swear, I can be gone a week, and my cell only rings 2 or 3 times. Even the telemarketers don't call. It's like they all sense that I'm gone.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

I was a little slow in July - folks are away for the summer.  I put an add in the local paper - cost $ 100.00 for 4 times -
I got 4 new calls that all generated income and made the add worth it but at the same time business came back and I was working every nite later than I wanted to. 
I don't know why I get anxious just for a couple of slow weeks - it always seems to come back -
SA

gene

I'm slow but steady. No worries, mate. This is the first September that I've not had a big influx of holiday business. It will still come, but the rush will be in October, probably.

The Cincinnati Bengals have a great team this year and they have not been able to sell out their home game for this coming Sunday. I agree with many who say it's because many people do not have disposable income. I do tend to think that our economy is much worse than we are being let to believe. Our deflation is turning into a de-leveraging, I fear.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on September 19, 2014, 03:56:57 pm
The Cincinnati Bengals have a great team this year and they have not been able to sell out their home game for this coming Sunday. I agree with many who say it's because many people do not have disposable income.
I don't think it's due to lack of disposable income. I think it's because everyone has a big screen high-def TV five feet away from them now.

Back in the day, when home TV's were basically crap, and going to a game would only set you back about 50 bucks, it made sense.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

I mentioned it last year. it was the first time we ran completely dry   I always got real nervouse b4 as it was my only income and I had a  support mopre them myself but I learned the phone always rings and it did last year after a week . I had 7k booked .  this year I havnt run out but last month was slow but kept plugging along I have 4 on the book 2 big 2 piddly. one if for a snowbird returning in October who leaving on a cruise.   a favebook friend snowbird already has planned to return mid October.  so it wont be long chris.